- The CDA which subsidizes units within the City of Madison limits only.
Hours: Monday - Thursday, 8 am - 4:30 pm
The Dane County Housing Authority (DCHA) which subsidizes units outside the City, but within the county.
2001 W. Broadway
Monona, WI 53713
Phone: (608) 224-3636
- If you have $0 income when you move here, you must find a unit where the rent PLUS tenant-paid utilities total the Payment Standard, or less.
- If you have income, you may pay up to 40% of your adjusted monthly income.
The CDA and Dane Co have different Payment Standards:
CDA payment standards
1 BDRM $733
2 BDRM $867
3 BDRM $1164
4 BDRM $1441
5 BDRM $1657
6 BDRM $1873
Utility charts for the City of Madison
Finding Places to Rent
- View some vacancy listings on our website. Although over 500 landlords in Madison participate in the Section 8 program, not very many of them list units with us.
- Try the Tenant Resource Center.
- Check the newspapers and area rental guides.
Your current Housing Authority should send your paperwork to us 6-8 weeks before you plan to move here.
Contact for more Portability Information
Section 8 Portability Housing Specialist
Phone: (608) 267-9409
Fax: (608) 264-9291