Public Records RequestsThe public can access police reports in a number of ways:
- Call Records at (608) 266-4075.
- Mail requests or visit in-person:
Madison Police Records
211 S. Carroll Street
Madison, WI, 53703
- Fax Records at (608) 267-1117. Contact Online
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
All reports are subject to a review process.
Fees for Reports
- Fees for reports are $0.25 per page for most reports.
- $0.50 cents a page for reports pulled from microfilm - generally pre-1995.
- There is an additional charge of $1.00 for mailed reports (for postage and handling).
- A Location Fee for a requested record(s) will be charged if the cost is $50.00 or greater.