How to Obtain Records
Police ReportsThe public can access police reports in a number of ways:
- phone requests
- mailed requests
- in-person requests
- faxed requests
- requests through the MPD website
All reports are subject to a review process. Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Go to Accident Reports.
For All Other Requests for Information
- Call Records at (608) 266-4075.
- Mail requests or visit in-person:
Madison Police Records
211 S. Carroll Street
Madison, WI, 53703
- Fax Records at (608) 267-1117.
Fees for Reports
- Fees for reports are $0.25 per page for most reports.
- $0.50 cents a page for reports pulled from microfilm - generally pre-1995.
- There is an additional charge of $1.00 for mailed reports (for postage and handling).