Refuse & Recycling Container Winter Placement Do's & Don'ts
- The best placement is on your driveway after you have cleared it of snow.
- Carts can also be placed on a cleared area of your terrace, or after your street has been plowed, place it in the gutter right next to your driveway.
- Do not leave your cart on the sidewalk or on top of a snow bank.
- Improperly placed carts will not be collected.
- Alley placement: Carts must be placed at the alley edge. Carts on private property or by the garage will not be collected.
Holiday Refuse & Recycling Collection Schedule
There will be no refuse or recycling collection on Thursday November 26th and Friday November 27th due to the Thanksgiving Holiday.
If your material is normally collected on Thursday it will be collected on Wednesday November 25th. If your material is normally collected on Friday it will be picked up on Monday November 30th. Be sure to have your material out by 7 a.m.
We will be collecting refuse in the Wednesday area on the 25th and the Monday area on the 30th.
The Streets Division's self help drop off sites will be closed on the 26th and 27th. They will reopen at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday the 28th and also be open Sunday the 29th. The sites will close for the season at 4:30 p.m. on Sunday December 6th.
Refuse, Large Item & Recycling:
The Streets Division does not provide refuse, large item, or recycling collection on City holidays.
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr.. Holiday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (July 4th)
- Labor Day
- The Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
The self- help drop off sites will also be closed on holidays.
It is the policy of the Streets Division to provide refuse and recycling collection in those areas affected by the holiday on the next working day after the holiday.
For example, all residents of Monday's trash collection districts will have their refuse and recycling collected the Tuesday after a Monday holiday (as listed above).
Exception: The two-day Thanksgiving Holiday.
- Residents in the Thursday refuse district will have their material collected the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.
- Residents in the Friday District will have their material collected on the following Monday.
For 2016 the residents of Thursday's District will have their material collected on Wednesday, November 23rd. Residents in Friday's District will have their material collected on Monday, November 28th..
Large Item Collection:
Large item collection is greatly curtailed during weeks with holidays. We ask that you hold your large items until the following collection if at all possible.