Holiday Tree Collection
The Streets Division will collect holiday trees for recycling. Each neighborhood will receive two collection opportunities. You may also bring your trees to our drop off sites.
Note: Collection could be delayed due to winter weather. Snow and ice operations have priority over tree collection.
Round One begins on Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2019.
- Trees placed to the curb on or before January 2, 2019 will likely be collected prior to January 18, depending on weather conditions.
- Placing a tree to the curb after January 2, 2019 means the tree may not be collected until the second collection round.
Round Two of tree collection will begin on January 22, 2019.
- Trees placed to the curb on or before January 22, 2019 will likely be collected prior to February 8, 2019, depending on weather conditions.
Placing a tree to the curb for collection after January 22, 2019 means your tree may not be picked up until regular brush collection begins in the spring.
Holiday Tree Collection Rules
To avoid damage to our equipment, we ask that you follow these guidelines:
- Place trees at the street edge only.
- Remove and discard tree bags.
- Remove all tree stands, ornaments, lights and other metal objects.
- Trees that are not properly prepared will NOT be collected.
Holiday Tree Drop Off Sites
You may also bring your Holiday trees to our drop off sites at:
- West: 1501 W. Badger Rd.
- East: 4602 Sycamore Ave.
Drop-off site hours change seasonal. Check their website to ensure they are open.