Current News Releases
12/04/2008 MFD Flags at Half-Staff in Memory of Retired Assistant Chief Carl Saxe
Flags at all City of Madison firehouses are at half-staff following the death of former Assistant Chief Carl Saxe. Saxe died at his home yesterday morning.
11/25/2008 Fire Chief Amesqua presents Reading Rocks Chairs to Elementary Students
City of Madison Fire Chief Debra Amesqua read to Jean Kokott's 1st grade class at Mendota Elementary School from a brand new wooden rocking chair after presenting six new chairs to the Madison Metropolitan School Dist
11/11/2008 MFD Station #12 to be Named in Memory of Dr. Darren Bean
The City of Madison Fire Department's newest fire station - #12, will be named for the Department's former Medical Director, Dr. Darren Bean. Dr. Bean was killed in a Med Flight crash last May.
11/07/2008 Four Escape Duplex Fire
A mother and three children escaped a fire in their duplex last night. City of Madison firefighters were called to 8 Corona Ct. shortly after 8:00 p.m. for a report of a structure fire.
10/06/2008 Fire Prevention Week a Great Time to Plan for Safety
The City of Madison Fire Department is inviting the community to get involved in fire prevention and safety to mark Fire Prevention Week.
10/02/2008 CO Alarms Available to Low Income Families
The City of Madison Fire Department is working with Madison Community Services to develop a distribution program for 200 carbon monoxide (CO) alarms donated by First Alert®, a home-safety products company.
09/30/2008 Baseball Theme Pitches Fire Safety to Madison Schools
While much of Wisconsin zeros in on the Milwaukee Brewers entry into the playoffs, the City of Madison Fire Department is taking that theme to Madison's elementary schools for Fire Prevention Month.
09/22/2008 Fire Code Moves Closer to Mandatory Residential Sprinklers
The International Code Council (ICC), a membership association dedicated to building safety and fire prevention, has voted to require fire sprinklers in all new townhouses and single-family dwellings as part of the next ed
09/09/2008 Apartment Fire Leaves 16 Occupants Displaced - Updated
City of Madison Fire investigators have determined that the September 9 fire at 2101 Pike Drive was caused by careless use of smoking material.
08/14/2008 Stubborn Odana Court Fire Keeps Firefighters On Duty Overnight
City of Madison firefighters were assigned to keep watch at 5 Odana Ct. all day yesterday and overnight as the remains of the building continued to smolder and occasionally flare up.
08/13/2008 Fire Destroys West Side Office Building
City of Madison firefighters were called for a smoke investigation early this morning that turned out to be a spectacular fire seen from blocks away.
07/22/2008 Spontaneous Combustion Cause of Restaurant Fire
City of Madison Fire Department investigators have determined that spontaneous combustion of cotton towels caused the fire at Dimitri's Gyros last night.