Residential Street Closure
A Neighborhood Block Party Permit (a type of Street Use Permit) is required for any event or activity that takes place on residential streets in Madison. No individual, group or organization shall be granted a Street Use Permit if there is any unpaid balance with the City of Madison.
What is considered a Neighborhood Block Party?
- Located on a residential street(s).
- Minimal impact to traffic.
- Metro bus routes do not need to be altered.
- Anticipated attendance will be under 100 people.
- The majority of people attending are residents or guests of the block to be closed.
- Neighborhood Block Party may instead require a Street Use Permit if the event does not meet the above criteria.
- If you are not sure which permit to apply for or whether your event qualifies as a special event please email.
Complete the Neighborhood Block Party Permit Application to begin the process of reserving a residential street for your event.
- Online - Click here to complete your reservation.
- Paper Application - Fill out the application, bring to the Madison Parks Administration office at 210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd, Room 104.
- Fees - The application fee for a block party is $50. This fee must be submitted 14 days prior your block party.
Phone (608) 264-9289 or email Madison Events.
Olbrich Botanical Gardens Reservations
(608) 246-4733 / Email
Warner Park Community Recreation Center Reservations