McCormick Dog Park Now Open
posted April 23, 2018 1:15 PM
Spring has finally arrived and we are happy to report McCormick Dog Park is now open! We plan to open Demetral and Walnut Grove later this week and will announce when these dog parks have reopened.
Earlier this year Madison Parks was forced to close four of its smallest off-leash dog parks to prevent further damage to the muddy ground conditions. The cold temps and late season snow made it difficult, if not impossible for the ground to dry out and allow us to plant seeds.
We recognize the inconvenience these closures have caused dog owners and appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. Thank you for your continued cooperation and support of Madison Parks.
FIELD OPEN OR CLOSED? CALL RAINOUT LINE (608)267-8787
posted April 11, 2018 11:55 AM
The best and ONLY way to know if a park field is open for play is to call the Rainout Line (608)267-8787. Weekdays the line will be updated by 2:00pm, weekends and holidays the line will be updated by 9:00am. The line will be updated if fields are questionable, if no update by the times listed, fields are open for play. Fields that are closed for maintenance are listed on the website and NOT listed on the rainout line.
Additionally, a notification will be sent to the email address used to reserve an athletic space when a space is closed due to weather.
Goodman Pool Scholarships Available
posted February 27, 2018 7:40 AM
Goodman Pool is a place for everyone! Scholarships are available for general admission, lessons and the Waves Swim & Dive Team. Get all the details here.
- Posted 4/19/2018 | Due to the recent snow event, the current ground conditions are not conducive to completing …
- Posted 3/28/2018 | Ten years ago, on March 29, 2008, Madison lost one of its heroes. Milton McPike, former …
- Posted 3/2/2018 | On Tuesday, February 27, 2018, the City of Madison Common Council approved the Madison Arts …
Events View All Events
- 04/25/2018 Dane County Farmers' Market – Wednesday Market
- 04/27/2018 WPCRC Spring Break-A-Way 3 on 3 Basketball League Tournament Series
- 04/28/2018 Dane County Farmers' Market
- 04/28/2018 WISC-TV 3 Shredfest
- 04/28/2018 Crazylegs Classic
- 04/28/2018 Bird & Nature Outing - Edna Taylor area, April 28
- 05/02/2018 Dane County Farmers' Market – Wednesday Market
Madison Parks Blog View All Posts
- 02/15/2018, 11:41 AM | What is gypsy moth? In the summer months, residents may notice trees with leaf-loss due to an inv ...
- 11/15/2017, 07:16 AM | Recently, the Madison Parks Foundation and Event Essentials partnered again to host the second " P ...