Community Events on Madison Streets
The use of a Madison street, sidewalk, parking space/lane or downtown performance space for an event or activity requires a Street Use Permit. Below is the process and timeline to apply.
A permit is required for any of the following:
- The event/activity would close or reserve any portion of a Madison street, sidewalk, parking lane or space.
- The proposed time for the event/activity would create more than minimal disruption or rerouting of traffic from the requested street(s).
- The event/activity is scheduled at one of the downtown performance spaces outside of the time periods allowed by an Amplification Permit.
When to apply:
The application, documents and non-refundable application fee must be submitted:
- At least 60 days prior to your event if alcohol will be sold or a Special Event Resolution is needed to allow merchandise to be sold in the Mall Concourse area and / or organizers want to select their own vendors and invalidate City Vendors' licenses within the event perimeter.
- At least 30 days prior to your event, if event does not require additional licenses or resolutions. If your event requires a Certificate of Insurance, it must be received by the City of Madison Risk Management Office 30 days prior to the event.
- Fee Schedule is available to estimate the costs for your event and any extra permits or equipment rental you may need.
- Check the Madison Parks Events Calendar, email or call, (608) 264-9289, to see if your preferred date and location are available.
How to apply:
You will be prompted to login or create an account, if you do not have one already.
If you prefer the paper application process, proceed to "STEP 1: Application Requirements."
More Parks & Facilities Available for Reservation
- Park Shelter Reservations
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens Reservations
(608) 246-4733 / Email
- Warner Park Community Recreation Center Reservations