Wednesday, Oct. 24, 4:00 pm
FEMA Recovery Office Scheduled to Open Soon
Local disaster relief officials are working with those from the Federal Emergency Management Association (FEMA) to establish a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) where Small Business Administration (SBA) and FEMA officials will be located and available to talk to residents and business owners affected by the August rains and subsequent flooding. The two agencies will serve homeowners, renters, businesses and non-profits.
Applicants do not need to wait for the DRC to open to register their flood damage with FEMA. They may call or register online prior to the Center opening.
Three Ways to Apply for Assistance:
- Call FEMA at 1-800-621-3362 (FEMA)
- Register online at disasterassistance.gov:
- Use the Look-up form to "Enter your city and state or ZIP code to see if your area has been declared for Individual Assistance."
- Click “Apply Online” and complete the application process.
- Visit the FEMA Disaster Recovery Center after it opens. This location will be heavily advertised once it is established. The Disaster Recovery Center will be a location where people can interact face-to -face with FEMA and other available resources. Monitor local media and the County Flooding website and City Flooding website for more information.
Officials report that the sooner the applicant reports to FEMA, the sooner they will be contacted for an appointment. Residents and business owners who have previously contact United Way 2-1-1 also need to contact FEMA. United Way is sending text messages to everyone who reported damage to them to remind them to continue the reporting process.
Once an appointment has been set, applicants will need to supply additional information on their claim including social security number, insurance information and other documentation.
Previous Flooding Updates
- Wednesday, Oct. 24 at 4:00 pm
- Friday, Oct. 5 at 11:00 am
- Thursday, Oct. 4 at 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, Sept. 19 at 4:00 pm
- Wednesday, Sept. 12 at 12:30 pm
- Friday, Sept. 7 at 2:30 pm
- Thursday, Sept. 6 at 2:00 pm
- Wednesday, Sept. 5 at 4:00 pm
- Monday, Sept. 3 at 2:00 pm
- Sunday, Sept. 2 at 7:00 pm
- Sunday, Sept. 2 at 1:00 pm
- Saturday, Sept. 1 at 11:30 am
- Friday, Aug. 31 at 3:30 pm
- Friday, Aug. 31 at 1:30 pm
- Thursday, Aug. 30 at 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, Aug. 29 at 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, Aug. 28 at 9:00 pm
- Tuesday, Aug. 28 at 3:00 pm
- Monday, Aug. 27 at 9:00 am
- Sunday, Aug. 26 at 1:00 pm
- Saturday, Aug. 25 at 5:00 pm
- Friday, Aug. 24 at 3:00 pm
- Thursday, Aug. 23 at 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, Aug. 22 at 7:15 pm
Flooding Press Conferences
Video links will play in a new window.
- 10/08 - Mayor Soglin Gives Update on Flooding
- 09/03 - Mayoral News Conference: Flood Update
- 08/29 - News Conference Mayor Soglin & City Staff Update: Wednesday Flood Information
- 08/28 - Mayoral News Conference On Flooding Update
- 08/27 - Mayor Soglin & City Staff Update: Continued Flood Actions
- 08/26 - Mayor Soglin & Staff Update: Ongoing Flood Mitigation Efforts
- 08/24 - Mayor Soglin & City Staff Update on Flooding Issues and Traffic Concerns
- 08/23 - Mayoral Press Conference on Rising Lake Levels and Isthmus Road Closures
- 08/21 - Mayor Soglin News Conference on Storm Damage and Clean Up