Wednesday, Sept. 19, 4:00 pm
The National Weather Service reports that the area surrounding the City of Madison could receive up to 3.5 inches of rain in the next 24 to 36 hours. It could also be much less, but residents are being advised of potential additional flooding, particularly in the isthmus area of the city.
Lake Monona is still above the 100-year flood level and, even though we have had numerous days of sunshine, there are still flooding dangers. Do not remove sandbags.
Please do not park your car in low-lying areas. It is particularly important to not park near areas where water is currently pooling or near areas where you may have noticed water pooling in the past few weeks. Those areas are the most at risk for flooding.
City staff will be working through the night to monitor road conditions, and if needed additional lanes of travel will be closed. Again, do not drive through standing water.
Previous Flooding Updates
- Wednesday, Sept. 19 at 4:00 pm
- Wednesday, Sept. 12 at 12:30 pm
- Friday, Sept. 7 at 2:30 pm
- Thursday, Sept. 6 at 2:00 pm
- Wednesday, Sept. 5 at 4:00 pm
- Monday, Sept. 3 at 2:00 pm
- Sunday, Sept. 2 at 7:00 pm
- Sunday, Sept. 2 at 1:00 pm
- Saturday, Sept. 1 at 11:30 am
- Friday, Aug. 31 at 3:30 pm
- Friday, Aug. 31 at 1:30 pm
- Thursday, Aug. 30 at 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, Aug. 29 at 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, Aug. 28 at 9:00 pm
- Tuesday, Aug. 28 at 3:00 pm
- Monday, Aug. 27 at 9:00 am
- Sunday, Aug. 26 at 1:00 pm
- Saturday, Aug. 25 at 5:00 pm
- Friday, Aug. 24 at 3:00 pm
- Thursday, Aug. 23 at 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, Aug. 22 at 7:15 pm
Flooding Press Conferences
Video links will play in a new window.
- 09/03 - Mayoral News Conference: Flood Update
- 08/29 - News Conference Mayor Soglin & City Staff Update: Wednesday Flood Information
- 08/28 - Mayoral News Conference On Flooding Update
- 08/27 - Mayor Soglin & City Staff Update: Continued Flood Actions
- 08/26 - Mayor Soglin & Staff Update: Ongoing Flood Mitigation Efforts
- 08/24 - Mayor Soglin & City Staff Update on Flooding Issues and Traffic Concerns
- 08/23 - Mayoral Press Conference on Rising Lake Levels and Isthmus Road Closures
- 08/21 - Mayor Soglin News Conference on Storm Damage and Clean Up