A Photo Affair is an annual event put on by the Madison Senior Center showcasing the work of local photographers aged 55 and older. The photos are displayed at MMOCA for one month each autumn.
We welcome all interested photographers to enter for a chance to win one of 11 awards, including cash prizes for the top five recipients! Judges are selected from the local community.
- Open to Dane County photographers, age 55+
- Photos must be originals
- Photos must be framed or matted & ready to hang
- Photos submitted at a previous Photo Affair cannot be entered
- Up to four photographs per participant
- All participants pay $25 entry fee
- All participants must submit an application & labeled photos by the due date
- Photographers may sell their work. A 10% donation to the Senior Center is suggested
How Do I Register?
- Print and fill out your registration form
- Submit your form with the $25 entry fee* by the due date in person or by mail to:
Madison Senior Center Foundation, Inc
330 W. Mifflin St.
Madison, WI 53703
*Entrance fees must be cash or checks. Please make checks payable to Madison Senior Center.
Entry Disclaimer: The Madison Senior Center respects and values each art object and takes special precautions in handling and displaying your photos. However, all entering artists display their work at their own risk with no responsibility for damages assumed by the Senior Center.
Dates to Remember
Registration and Drop Off: September 26th, 2017. 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
Gallery Night: October 6th, 2017. 4:00 pm - 7:30 pm.
Exhibit free and open to the public: October 2nd - November 1st, 2017. Open 8:30 am - 4:00 pm, M-F.
Photo Pick up from Senior Center: November 3rd, 2017. 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
Best of Show - $80 gift card
Award of Excellence - $50 gift card
Judges’ Choice (3) - $35 gift card
Honorable Mention Ribbon (6)