Winter Salt Training for Parking Lots, Driveways, Sidewalks & Trails
Attendees must pre-register here.
Event Cost: $20 - 50 (includes lunch, training, and materials)
This training meets the requirements for the NEW Winter Salt Certification program.
Who should attend?
- Private Winter Maintenance Professionals
- Snowplow drivers (municipal and private)
- School District Maintenance Staff
- Staff Who Maintain Snow Removal Equipment
$20 - Attendees who work within Dane county by 10/6
$40 - Attendees who work outside Dane county by 10/6
$30 - Attendees who work within Dane county after 10/6
$50 - Attendees who work outside Dane county after 10/6
- Selection and Application Rates of Materials (NEW application rates developed by Dane County advisory team)
- How to Calibrate Equipment
- Weather Conditions
- Storing Materials
- Environmental Effects
- Funding to Implement Salt Reduction Practices
The Dane County Office of Lakes and Watersheds is hosting a training for winter maintenance professionals who remove snow, apply road salt or maintain snow removal equipment used on parking lots, driveways, sidewalks and trails. The training will include: best management practices to keep paved areas safe, benefits of using a liquid salt system, guidance on how to determine the right amount of salt to use, and case studies from local applicators.
The workshop will by taught by Chris Walsh, Retired City of Beloit Director of Operations and Connie Fortin of Fortin Consulting. Chris will share information and tips on how she worked with City of Beloit to successfully implement salt reduction practices covered in this workshop. Cost includes lunch, training, and materials.