Madison Parks Annual Calendar & Photography Contest
Each year Madison Parks publishes a beautiful, spiral-bound wall calendar using winning photos submitted in the Madison Parks Photography Contest. Calendars are available for purchase starting in November.
$10 each (including tax)
All proceeds go to the Madison Parks Foundation
Use Google Chrome or Firefox internet browser.
Or call (608) 266-4711
Online and phone orders will be mailed and additional shipping charges will apply.
- Parks Admin Office (after Nov. 9)*
330 E. Lakeside Street
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens, gift shop (starting Nov. 15)
3330 Atwood Ave.
- Warner Park Community Recreation Center (starting Nov. 15)
1625 Northport Dr.
Each year Madison Parks publishes a beautiful wall calendar using your winning photos taken in Madison parks. Photos meeting the requirements below may be submitted through Labor Day for consideration in the following year's calendar. Judging takes place in September, and winners are announced in the fall. We are looking for photo entries that include beautiful scenery along with people recreating and enjoying activities like hiking, snowshoeing, skateboarding, golfing and more. Wildlife photos will not score as high as people enjoying activities. Additionally, while Madison Parks offers some of the best lake views in town, the lakes are actually managed by Dane County and photos of such are not portraying Madison Parks. Winners receive one complimentary calendar per winning photo.
Most phone cameras take images suitable for use in the calendar. Be sure to turn your phone to the left for landscape or horizontal mode.
- Photographs must be taken in a City of Madison park. Please see Parks A to Z to confirm.
- Only horizontal/landscape mode digital photos will be considered.
- The photo may not be altered beyond light edits or enhancements; major altering will not be accepted.
- You may submit up to three (3) images per season (spring, summer, fall and winter) for a maximum of 12 photos.
- Photographs must be the highest resolution possible.
- Photographs must be submitted by the photographer or parent or guardian of a child under 18.
- If a person or people are recognizable, permission must be granted.
- The contest is open to all, including City staff.
By entering a photo, you are verifying:
- The image is your own.
- The photo has not been altered beyond minor light editing/enhancements.
- The photo is not subject to any third party agreements.
- No laws were violated in obtaining the photo.
Submit your high-resolution photo(s) taken in or of a Madison Park by Monday, September 4, 2023 by email. Be sure to include:
- The name of the park.
- The photographer, and contact information (address, phone and email).
- The season (spring, summer, fall or winter).
Submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fine Print:
By submitting a photo or photos to be considered for the 2024 Madison Parks calendar project, you give the City of Madison through the Madison Parks Division consent to the use of these photographs for any purpose consistent with the City of Madison Park Division's missions. These uses include, but are not limited to, illustrations, bulletins, exhibitions, videotapes, reprints, reproductions, publications, advertisements, brochures, website pages and social media postings and any promotional or educational materials in any medium now known or later developed. You further represent that any persons depicted in said photographs have consented to the use of their likeness for this purpose. You further acknowledge that neither you nor any other person or organization depicted in these photographs will receive any compensation, etc. for the use of such pictures, etc., and hereby release the City of Madison and its officers, agents, officials, and employees from any and all claims which arise out of or are in any way connected with such use.
Click image to enlarge
Click image to enlarge
- A to Z Services
- Annual Report
- Board of Park Commissioners
- Connecting Children to Nature
- Conservation Park Rules
- Impact Fees
- Land Management
- Mall Concourse/State Street Maintenance
- Park Ranger
- Park & Open Space Plan
- Park Projects
- Park Rules
- Racial Equity and Social Justice
- Task Force on Municipal Golf in Madison Parks