Madison Parks Calendar
2020 Calendar - On Sale Now
The 2020 Madison Parks calendar is for sale, while supplies last, for just $10 (including tax) with all proceeds going to the Madison Parks Foundation. Calendars may be purchased in-person at:
- Parks Office, 210 Martin Luther King., Jr. Blvd., Room 104
- Warner Park Community Recreation Center, 1625 Northport Dr.
- By calling (608) 266-4711
Each year Madison Parks publishes a beautiful wall calendar using your winning photos taken in Madison parks. Photos meeting the requirements below may be submitted January 1 through August 31 for consideration in the following year's calendar. Judging takes place in September, and winners are announced in October. We are looking for photo entries that include beautiful scenery along with people recreating and enjoying activities like hiking, snowshoeing, skateboarding, golfing and more. Wildlife photos will not score as high as people enjoying activities. Additionally, while Madison Parks offers some of the best lake views in town, the lakes are actually managed by Dane County and photos of such are not portraying Madison Parks. Winners receive one complimentary calendar per winning photo.
- Photographs must portray a specific City of Madison park.
- Only horizontal, digital photos will be considered.
- The photo may not be altered beyond light edits or enhancements; major altering will not be accepted.
- You may submit up to three (3) total entries, per season (spring, summer, fall and winter) for a maximum of 12 photos.
- Photographs must be the highest resolution possible - minimum of 2000px (width) x 1600px (height) at 300dpi.
- Photographs must be submitted by the photographer who holds the rights to the photograph. If a person or people are recognizable, permission must be granted.
- The contest is open to all, including City staff.
By entering a photo, you are verifying:
- The image is your own.
- The photo has not been altered beyond minor light editing/enhancements.
- The photo is not subject to any third party agreements.
- No laws were violated in obtaining the photo.
Submit your high-resolution photo(s) taken in or of a Madison Park by August 31 by email. Be sure to include:
- The name of the park.
- The photographer, and contact information (address, phone and email).
- The season (spring, summer, fall or winter).
Submit by email to email@example.com
The Fine Print:
By submitting a photo or photos to be considered for the 2021 Madison Parks calendar project, you give the City of Madison through the Madison Parks Division consent to the use of these photographs for any purpose consistent with the City of Madison Park Division's missions. These uses include, but are not limited to, illustrations, bulletins, exhibitions, videotapes, reprints, reproductions, publications, advertisements, brochures, website pages and social media postings and any promotional or educational materials in any medium now known or later developed. You further represent that any persons depicted in said photographs have consented to the use of their likeness for this purpose. You further acknowledge that neither you nor my any other person or organization depicted in these photographs will receive any compensation, etc. for the use of such pictures, etc., and hereby release the City of Madison and its officers, agents, officials, and employees from any and all claims which arise out of or are in any way connected with such use.