2018 Madison Parks Photo Contest
posted May 22, 2017 11:26 AM
Submit your Madison park photos for consideration in the 2018 Madison Parks Calendar! Get all the details here.
ATHLETIC FIELDS, OPEN OR CLOSED? Rainout Line (608)267-8787
posted April 26, 2017 1:22 PM
The best and ONLY way to know if a park field is open for play is to call the Rainout Line (608)267-8787. Weekdays the line will be updated by 2:00pm, weekends and holidays the line will be updated by 9:00am. The line will be updated if fields are questionable, if no update by the times listed, fields are open for play. Fields that are closed for maintenance are listed on the website and NOT listed on the rainout line.
Cool Off This Weekend!
posted May 25, 2017 11:07 AM
While the official beach and splash park season begins June 9 and 10, Madison Parks will open our three splash parks on Saturday and Sunday, May 27-28 (10am to 7pm) and staff three beaches Saturday, May 27! Lifeguards will be at BB Clarke, Vilas and Olbrich beaches 11am-7pm. Enjoy
- Posted 5/25/2017 | Madison scored among the nation’s top cities for parks yet again - moving up to 9th place in …
- Posted 5/10/2017 | We’re breaking ground on a new park and you’re invited! The public is invited to join Mayor …
- Posted 5/3/2017 | Permits are typically required to access disc golf courses, dog parks and the lake. Madison …
Events View All Events
- 05/27/2017 FUN FREE DAY in Madison Disc Golf Courses
- 05/27/2017 Dane County Farmers' Market - Saturday
- 05/27/2017 Bird & Nature Outing - Edna Taylor Conservation Park Area, May 27
- 05/27/2017 Learn to Disc Golf - Hiestand Park
- 05/27/2017 Madison Half Marathon & Twilight 5K/10K
- 05/28/2017 Madison Half Marathon & Twilight 5K/10K
- 05/28/2017 Bird & Nature Outing - UW's Lakeshore Nature Preserve, May 28
Madison Parks Blog View All Posts
- 05/23/2017, 08:29 AM | On Monday, May 15, conservation parks staff hosted students from John Muir Elementary School at Ow ...
- 05/12/2017, 03:07 PM | In the summer months, residents may notice trees with leaf-loss due to an invasive caterpillar.&nbs ...