Goodman Pool Rules & Terms
For everyone's enjoyment, please follow the following safety rules and guidelines:
- Swim only when a lifeguard is on duty.
- No carry-in food, drinks, or gum allowed. Only water in non-breakable containers is allowed to be carried in. All other food must be purchased and eaten in the concession area.
- Obey lifeguard instructions at all times. Violation of any of the pool rules shall result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal from the pool facility.
- Children under 7 must be actively supervised (watching your child at all times and able to provide immediate assistance) by a caregiver 16 or over.
- Children 5 years of age and older must use the same sex locker room. Family changing rooms are available.
- Do not enter the pool area if you have an open cut or communicable disease.
- Infants and toddlers that are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers.
- No alcohol, smoking, tobacco products or drugs allowed.
- Glass containers of any kind are not allowed.
- Inflatables- such as inner tubes, water wings, swimsuits with built in flotation are not allowed in the pool.
- Lifejackets are allowed if they are United States Coast Guard approved Type 1 or 2 lifejackets.
- Any child wearing a lifejacket must be supervised by a parent and within arms’ reach in the shallow end only.
- Soft, clean, unbreakable toys are allowed in shallow end. Use of some toys may be restricted for patron safety.
- One 15 minute safety break is scheduled each afternoon with all patrons exiting the water.
- All patrons are expected to respect the rights and privileges of others.
- Voices shall be kept at normal conversation levels.
- Electronic devices are strictly forbidden in the pool area.
- The City of Madison is not responsible for lost or stolen articles. Lockers are provided next to the changing facility.
- Any patron using derogative or racially inappropriate language toward another patron or staff member will be removed from the facility.
- The pool may be closed for maintenance, health conditions, or inclement weather.
- Carry-in chairs are not permitted. Deck chairs are provided.
- Pool Closing Policy The pool will be closed under the following circumstances:
- If the air temperature is below 69° at opening (1:00) or attendance is less than 50 paid admissions.
- If rain prevents the lifeguards from seeing the bottom of the pool.
- If there has been rain, thunder or lightening for a period of one hour and the storm is projected to continue.
- Mechanical breakdown.
- The Goodman Pool cannot meet the state codes for the safety, maintenance and operation of pools and water attractions.
- ages 1-18
- ages 19-61
- ages 62 & over
- Madison Resident:
- A Madison resident is one who has a Madison street address.
- Definition of Family:
- Immediate family living in the same household under one roof, including elderly parents living with the family/children, couples not married, and/or foster and/or step children and/or foreign exchange students living under the same household, as well as families with joint placement arrangements. A day care provider working in someone's home will NOT be considered a member of the family. Applications for consideration of special circumstances should be submitted in writing to the Parks Division.