The Streets Division has three yard waste drop-off sites for the use of City of Madison residents ONLY.
Yard Waste Drop-off Sites Hours
We are now open seven days a week from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. On Tuesday and Thursday evenings they are open until 8 p.m.
The sites will be closed on Monday May 27th for the Memorial Day holiday.
There are three sites:
402 South Point Road
- Grass clippings
- Garden debris
- Flowers and other plant waste. The sites will also accept
- Shrub trimmings shorter that 18”. Tree and shrub trimmings longer than 18” are considered brush. Brush is accepted at the 1501 W. Badger Road and 4602 Sycamore Avenue sites only. Do not bring brush to 402 South Point Road.
- Garlic Mustard should be placed in the trash.
- Small amounts of sod (4 or 5 five-gallon pails per day). Larger amounts of sod must be taken directly to the Dane County Compost Sites.
- The drop off sites at 1501 W. Badger Rd and 4602 Sycamore Av accept other materials. For details..
Brush is accepted at 4602 Sycamore Av and 1501 W. Badger Rd ONLY.
All brush brought to the drop off sites must conform to the curbside collection guidelines. For details..
THERE IS A LIMIT OF ONE PICK UP OR TRAILER LOAD OF BRUSH PER DAY.
Large amounts of brush can be taken to our brush processing center at 121 E. Olin Av for a fee. for more information on the Olin Av Site
- EAST: 4602 Sycamore Avenue
- SOUTH: 1501 W. Badger Road.
- WEST: 402 South Point Road
Winter HoursFrom December 2, 2013 through March 29, 2013, the Badger Road and Sycamore Avenue sites are open Monday - Friday from 7:30am - 3pm only. The South Point Road sites will be closed from 12/3/12 through 3/28/14.
Holiday ClosingsThe City of Madison self-help drop-off sites will be closed on the following holidays:
- January 1st, New Year's Day
- January 21st, Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
- May 27th, Memorial Day
- July 4, Independence Day
- September 2nd, Labor Day
- November 28th and 29th, Thanksgiving Holiday
- December 25th Christmas Holiday
- December 24th, Christmas Eve the sites close at 11 a.m.
- December 31st, New Year's Eve the sites close at 11 a.m.