Alder Steve King
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
About Alder King
- SSM Health (St. Mary's Hospital and Dean)
- System Leader - Employee Experience
- St. Mary's Hospital - SSM Health Care of Wisconsin - Regional Director of Organizational Development and Talent Management
- Meriter Hospital - Learning and Development Manager
- Mind the Gap Consulting - Owner/Consultant
- Spectrum Brands/Rayovac - Manager, Training and Organizational Development
- BA, Economics and International Studies - Portland State University (OR)
- MA, Political Science - UW Madison
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS/COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Past-President - American Society of Training and Development - South Central Wisconsin Chapter
- Co-Chair - Madison Area Diversity Roundtable
- Madison Organizational Development Roundtable (MOD Squad)
- Leadership Greater Madison Graduate - 2009
- MPD Citizen Police Academy Graduate - 2008
MY FOCUS AS ALDER
Public Safety. This is a key priority for residents and I will continue to fight to ensure that we provide adequate resources.
Basic Services. Residents want clean water, quality street services and adequate transportation options.
Economic Development. It is vital that we work to streamline development processes and be responsive to the market, while protecting the factors that contribute to our vibrant quality of life in Madison. Good economic development projects within the city are key to improving our tax base and giving us the ability to pay for the basic services we need and enjoy.
Equity. There cannot be "Two Madisons"... If we want to be a top liveable city, we need to be a top liveable city for ALL of our residents.
Affordable Housing. We're in crunch time. Vacancy rates are at all time lows and the market is failing to provide adequate amounts of affordable housing for hardworking residents who need it. The City has an adopted strategy for affordable housing and we need to follow through to make sure we deliver.
Transportation. A sustainable healthy and diverse local economy depends on a good multi-modal transportation system - Great roads, great bike paths, great public transportation options.
Environmental Sustainability. We must continue to be a leader in recycling and in our focus on increasing and innovating the renewable and sustainable components of our economy.