2018 SEED Grants
The City of Madison 2018 Budget includes $50,000 in grant funds to be distributed by the Madison Food Policy Council. The Madison Food Policy Council is encouraging community groups to apply for SEED Grants. Any proposal that improves the local food system and makes food more accessible for City of Madison residents will be considered.
SEED Grants Information Presentation Video Recording
For potential applicants who are looking for more information on the SEED grants program and how to apply, please view the recording below, which provides an overview on the program and walks through the application process.
DOWNLOAD PRESENTATION SLIDES HERE (PDF)
City of Madison SEED Grants Video YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/K1ndYeEPxfs
City of Madison CityChannel SEED Grants Video Link: http://media.cityofmadison.com/Mediasite/Play/23c3614547d7457ea631eb08ac76126a1d
SEED Grants Application Materials
Please download the documents below and follow instructions in the background letter to submit final applications and any additional materials by the Monday, February 26th due date. Please be aware of the post-mark deadline for applicants submitting hard copy materials.
Additional Materials for Applicants
- Please use the Food Access Improvement Map to contextualize the location and impact of your proposal. This map is referenced in Section 3 of the SEED Grants Application.
- SEED Grants - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- This FAQ provides answers to questions that are frequently asked about SEED Grants
- the FAQ also includes links to information on previously funded applications from 2014 - 2017
- The Healthy Food for All Children 10-Year Plan
- This community plan was developed in 2012-2013 by Community Action Coalition of South Central Wisconsin and United Way of Dane County, through support by the Goodman Foundation, and outlines many different strategies to increase access to healthy foods for all children in Madison and Dane County. It is a helpful resource for SEED Grant applicants. READ REPORT HERE.
Pre-Submission SEED Grants Information Meeting
The pre-submission meeting will be held on Wednesday, January 31st, 2018 at 6:00pm at the Meadowridge Library - Community Room B, located at 5740 Raymond Rd., Madison WI 53711. Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to attend this pre-submittal meeting to discuss the grant application and explore potential collaboration opportunities with other organizations in attendance.
Submitting Grant Materials
Submit your application to the Mayor's Office via email (email@example.com) by mail or hand-delivered (210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., Room 403), c/o George Reistad, Food Policy Coordinator; applications are due: Monday, February 26, 2018 by 4:30pm Applications submitted via standard mail must be postmarked no later than: Friday, February 23, 2018.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call Food Policy Coordinator George Reistad at (608) 266-4611.