Adopt a Block Program
The Adopt a Block Program is a partnership opportunity for community groups and businesses and the City of Madison to make downtown Madison clean, beautiful and inviting for everyone who lives in or is visiting Madison. The Adopt a Block Program provides a way for groups or businesses to be more engaged within their neighborhoods and to keep the downtown city streets clean.
Adopt a Block Sponsors will:
- “Adopt” a minimum of one square block.
- Agree to conduct litter pickups in the area at least once a month.
- Maintain this agreement for one year.
The City will:
- Provide recognition of sponsorship on city website.
- Provide safety vests, trash bags, rubber gloves.
- Collect the trash and debris gathered by the sponsor.
How To Adopt a Block
Interested groups and business should contact Downtown Madison Inc. at 608-512-1331 or email@example.com. Groups will be assigned a designated block, either by request or by availability. Upon approval, instructions and safety training will be provided.
For a map of available blocks and current sponsors, please go to Downtown Madison
Thanks to Our Adopt a Block Sponsors
The City of Madison is grateful for the following Adopt a Block Sponsors:
- First United Methodist Church
- Urban Land Interests
- Fiore Companies
How to Report Issues to City Staff
You can use the Report a Problem system to report sidewalk conditions, weeds and overgrown vegetation, graffiti and other Non-Emergency issues. These reports help us identify maintenance items noted in normal operations.
Go to: Report a Problem system