City of Madison Logo
City of Madison Police


The Citizen Self-Reporting Unit (SRU) is available for you to use to report
non-emergency incidents
. If a crime is in progress, or if this is an emergency, DIAL 911.

There are three ways to file a report:

  1. You can file a report online using the Citizen Self-Reporting System.
  2. You can call and file a report with the Madison Police Department Self-Reporting Unit.
    PHONE: (608) 245-3662
    HOURS: Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Closed on holidays.

    If you are asked to leave a message, SRU staff will try to get back to you within one working week.
  3. You can pick up a paper Self-Report Form from your district station.