Safety Town is a program designed for children entering kindergarten in the fall which teaches children how to be safe in their community.
Safety Town uses hands-on activities - taught in a small-scale city with streets, homes and sidewalks - to teach children about many different aspects of safety and injury prevention.
- Bicycle safety
- Electrical safety
- Animal safety
- Fire, playground, school bus and traffic safety
- Water safety
- Poison education
- Weather safety
Guest speakers and unique activities top off a great program. Snacks are included.
2019 Safety Town Dates
Safety Town will be offered during the following sessions:
- Session I: July 29 – August 2, 8:30 am – 11:30 am
- Session II: July 29 – August 2, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Session III: August 5 – 9, 8:30 am – 11:30 am
- Children must be entering kindergarten in the fall to participate.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All portions of the registration form must be completed for participation, including emergency contact/health information, photograph/information release, transportation release and release of liability/indemnity. There is not an "opt-out" option for any of the categories.
- A completed registration form and the full registration fee are required at the time of registration. Spots will not be held for those submitting incomplete forms or partial payments.
- You will receive confirmation via e-mail upon receipt of your registration.
- Class details will be sent three weeks prior to the start of your child's session.
- Full refunds are made only if the program is cancelled.
- Please note that once you register for a session at Safety Town, that is the session your child will be attending. Changes to session choice will not be accommodated. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.