What is a GROUP hayride?
The hay wagon, pulled by a tractor, will take your group on a scenic tour of the park. The special event hayrides do not require a reservation and are generally held as part of a larger event in that park. The group rides are perfect for scout troops, church groups, or birthday parties, and include a campfire and s'mores.
When and Where?
End of September through mid-November. See the schedule for complete details and times.
Dates will be subject to demand and reservations.
How do the GROUP hayrides work with the campfire?
Each group hayride trip will be for one hour. That includes a 30 minute hayride and a 30 minute campfire with 'smores.
Example: The 6 pm group - Group A has the hayride first, while Group B has the campfire. Then they switch when the hay wagon returns. Group B is on hay wagon, while Group A has campfire. Groups C & D arrive at 7:15 pm for the same.
What is the cost?
$85.00 + tax for a group of 1-24 people. Your group will have exclusive use of that trip session. Reservations are required!
Where does my group meet the Hayride Tractor?
Meet the Madison Parks Hayride staff at:
- Elver Park- in front of the 'new' shelter
- Olin Park (fall rides) - on the bike path near the boat launch area
- Olin Park - Holiday Fantasy in Lights - at the boat launch area
- Cherokee Marsh, North Unit - at the very very very end of N. Sherman Ave.
- Warner Park - near the colorful park shelter
What if my group is more than 24 people?
In order for everyone to enjoy their hayride experience, we do not want to over load the wagon. If you have a lot of young people in the group, 30 people can be in one group. However, if you have more people in your group, you purchase the adjoining hayride trip.
What if we don't have a group of people? How can we enjoy a hayride?
Bring your family to one of our special event hayrides. No reservation is necessary for these rides, and they are perfect for family outings, $2/person. Typically, the special event hayrides do not have campfires or s'mores.
- Sept. 13, 9 am-Noon, Warner Park as part of Trucks & Treasures event
- Oct. 4, 10 am-3 pm, Olin Park as part of Madison Parks Fall Festival
- Oct. 18, 9 am-Noon, Cherokee Marsh for Hikes and Hayrides event
- Oct. 29, 3-6 pm, Downtown Family Halloween, around the Capitol Square. Pick up/drop off is in front of Capitol Kids store.
- Nov. 15 and Nov. 22, 6-9 pm - Olin Park for "Holiday Lights and Hayrides." Pick up/drop off is at the boat launch area.
48 hour notice of cancellation is required. If the participants cancel within 48 hours of their event time, their registration fee will be refunded, minus a $10 administration fee. If event is cancelled by the Madison Parks Staff due to inclement weather, we will try to reschedule your hayride trip or the registration fee will be fully refunded.
Madison Parks staff will make final decision on canceling due to inclement. The groups will be notified as soon as possible. For your planning purposes, cool, drizzlely weather would NOT be cause for cancellation.
Can we bring our own food to the Hayride?
Madison Parks will provide the supplies needed to make s'mores. Groups are welcome to bring non-alcoholic beverages and snacks, but glass containers are prohibited on the wagons and at the park.
Hayrides during the Holiday Fantasy in Lights Olin Park?
Enjoy the Holiday Fantasy in Lights in a very unique way! Book a Madison Parks hayride for your group November 16-26. Or come down on November 15 or 22 from 6-9 p.m. for the $2/person rides. Remember to bundle up and bring your blankets! The pick up location for the Holiday Fantasy in Lights rides are at the boat launch area.