Community Events on State Street and the Capitol Square
Downtown Performance Space Permit
Downtown Performance Space Permits are often used for music, speakers, rallies or performances. Locations cannot be reserved more than 3 weeks in advance. The cost for the reservation is $15 for the permit. No amplification is allowed outside of the given timeframes. Any setup or teardown time may not interfere with other designated permit times. At this time, we cannot guarantee that public electricity at these sites will be available or reliable. If amplification is required for your event, you should plan to have your own power source - generator, battery, etc. - as a back-up to electrical.
If the location or timeframe of your event falls outside the above list, you will need to apply for a STREET USE PERMIT. Please be aware that the Street Use Permit application requires a minimum of 30 days advance submission and a $100 non-refundable application.
How to Reserve a Downtown Performance Space:
- Online - Click here to complete your reservation.
- Call - Phone the Madison Parks Administration office, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 4:15 pm at (608) 264-9289 to check on time availability and make a reservation.
Locations and Times:
Confluence at Library Mall (formerly State Street Mall, Podium)
- 700 - 800 State St. Map
- Available daily - 1:00-2:00 pm OR 6:00-8:00 pm
Peace (Elizabeth Link) Park
- 452 State Street Map
- Mon. - Wed. 12:00-1:00 pm OR 5:00-7:00 pm
- Thu. - Sun. 12:00-1:00 pm, 1:30-2:30 pm, 3:00-4:00 pm, 4:30-5:30 pm OR 6:00-7:00 pm
The Forum (formerly 30 On the Square, Top of State)
- Top of State St., next to the Wisconsin Veterans Museum Map
- Sun. - Fri. - 12:00-1:00 pm OR 5:00-9:00 pm
- Sat. - 9:30-11 am, 11:30-1:00 pm OR 5:00-9:00 pm
- 100 N Hamilton St., next to the Madison Children's Museum Map
- Sun. - Fri. - 12:00-1:00 pm OR 5:00-7:00 pm
- Sat. - 9:30-11 am, 11:30-1:00 pm OR 5:00-7:00 pm
Concrete Park/Frances Plaza
- 500 N. Frances St., where N. Frances meets State St. Map
- Available daily - 12:00-1:00 pm OR 5:00-9:00 pm
Phone (608) 264-9289 or email Madison Events
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Street Use Staff Commission
- Events on Madison Streets Packet
- Events that Need Water Quality Testing