Unversity Avenue lane shift coming Mondayposted
Just a quick reminder that Stage 2 of the University Avenue reconstruction project begins right on schedule, this coming Monday 4/23.
Starting Sunday, all traffic will be shifted to the north side (normally westbound) lanes of University Avenue, one lane in each direction. The construction zone will be entire south half of University Avenue right-of-way.
Stage 2 is expected to last until June 25.
Here are the details for Stage 2 construction work:
- Construct University Avenue eastbound lanes
- Construct Spring Harbor pedestrian underpass under eastbound lanes
- Construct Capital Avenue (South), Norman Way (West), and Whitney Way intersections utilizing staged construction
Construct Heim Avenue, Hickory Hollow Drive, Laurel Crest (South) and Craig Avenue intersections using flagging
operations during off-peak hours
- Grade and pave Old Middleton Road/railroad overpass approaches
- Install street lights
Here are the details for Stage 2 traffic control:
- St. Dunstan Drive intersection closed
- All other intersections open (sometimes under flagging)
- Temporary sidewalk on north side from Capital Avenue to Spring Harbor Drive
- University Avenue approaches to Old Middleton/railroad overpass to be closed (during night time hours only) for two consecutive nights, Traffic will be detoured via Whitney Way and Old Middleton Road.
Got questions about this or any other city issue? Please contact me at email@example.com or 608-695-5709.
Subscribe to this blog and get e-mail updates on many other city topics by joining my.cityofmadison.com at the link below.