Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
Beginning June 8, 2020 the Building Inspection plan review and zoning review counters will be open to the public by appointment only.
For information about scheduling an appointment and other Building Inspection services please see the Building Inspection Coronavirus (COVID-19) page.
View all impacts to City service on the City's COVID-19 website.
Schedule a Counter Appointment
The Zoning Review counter is now open by appointment only. To protect the public and our staff, we've made changes to the way the counter operates.
- The counter will only serve individuals who have appointments. Walk-in services are not available.
- Dane County Emergency Order 8 requires individuals to wear a face covering. Anyone entering the building needs to follow this order.
- Individuals are encouraged to wear their own face covering. Disposable masks will be available.
- If you’re unable to wear a face covering, we can arrange for an accommodation. Contact our office in advance at (608) 266-4551.
- The only public entrance to the Madison Municipal Building is on Doty Street. Once inside the MMB, we'll have signs directing the flow of foot-traffic.
Booking An Appointment
Use the scheduling tool below to book an appointment with the plan review counter. If your project needs both plan review and zoning review, you also need to schedule an appointment with the Building Plan Review Counter.
- Appointments are 20 minutes long. If you need more time, contact BI at (608) 266-4551 before booking.
- Be on time. We won't honor late appointments. If you arrive early, please wait outside.
- Wear a face covering. If you can’t wear a face covering, call us at (608) 266-4551 to arrange accommodations.
- Come to your appointment with completed paperwork. Use the submission sheets below to make sure you bring everything you need.