View resources for employees and family members.
Most people will face situations that are difficult to handle alone. When this happens, the City of Madison Employee Assistance Program provides 24-hour professional and confidential assistance, information, resource referral, and support.
EAP provides a variety of services including, but not limited to:
- Assistance and support during difficult life situations
- Critical Incident Stress Management Services
- Consultation services for Supervisors and Union Stewards
- Ongoing education and training
- Supervising Madison Police Peer Support Officer Team and EAP Facilitators
Concerns Brought to EAP
The following concerns and problems are events that employees bring to EAP:
- Family and couple conflicts
- Separation or divorce
- Parenting concerns
- Alcohol, drug, gambling or other addictions
- Stress (personal or work-related)
- Medical and emotional health
- Child or elder care
- Legal problems or financial pressures
- Job performance
- Grief from loss
- Impact of disability or chronic illness
For support outside of business hours, or for external (non-City) support, contact FEI Behavioral Health, an external service provided to all City employees.
An overview of the City of Madison's Employee Assistance Program was presented to Department/Division Heads on October 1, 2018.