Four People Displaced after an Electrical Fire


Fire at a 2-flat apartment in downtown Madison displaces four occupants . Firefighters were called to the 200 block of South Bedford St. at 12:49 am. The caller told dispatch that flames and smoke was coming from the bathroom. Engine 1 took an aggressive interior attack, bringing the fire under control within minutes of their arrival.
Residents were displaced by the fire including 1 dog and 2 kittens.
No injuries were reported at the scene.
The Red Cross is assisting with accommodations as the home is being repaired.

Was this page helpful to you?