May 25, 2023 3:32 PM
For decades, dogs were unwelcome in Madison’s parks. In 1973, an adopted ordinance essentially prohibited dogs in any public park, school grounds and City spaces. Recognizing this regulation was outdated and frustrating for park visitors, in 2015, Madison Parks established a more dog-friendly … [read more]
April 20, 2023 11:54 AM
Local disc golf courses reopened this spring and a new opportunity began for locals interested in checking out the sport! Thanks to the coordination of the Madison park rangers, anyone with a valid Madison Public Library card can now check out a disc golf kit, available at all nine branches of … [read more]
December 1, 2022 7:48 AM
Door Creek Park sits in a small valley on Madison's far eastside. Trails run through the valley bottom, over hills and through the woods. In early 2022, several Madison Nordic Ski Club members walked areas of Door Creek Park with Conservation Resource Supervisor, Paul Quinlan. This onsite-walking … [read more]
January 3, 2020 1:27 PM
2019 is in the books, and with it a lot of fond memories made in Madison Parks. Millions of visits across the system with people enjoying themselves, nature, and each other. I thought I would borrow from a fellow native Hoosier and make a top ten list. There are certainly more than 10 laudable … [read more]
December 9, 2015 3:07 PM
Madison Parks' vision is to provide the ideal system of parks, natural resources and recreational opportunities which will enhance the quality of life for everyone. This vision statement informs our mission, values, and work each day. Madison Parks has been working on the issue of … [read more]
Posts By Month
Posts By Category
- Assistant Superintendent, Operations
- City Forester
- Goose Management: Numerous Diverse M...
- Habitat Restoration in Kettle Pond C...
- Honoring 50 Years of Earth Day
- Improving Conservation Lands through...
- Managing Geese in Parks: Seeking Vol...
- Owen Pond Exploration Day
- Take a Self-Guided Nature Walk in April
- Volunteers Needed to Remove Garlic M...
- What's So Fun About Birding?
- With a Little Help from Our Friends ...
- Madison Parks Foundation
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens
- Park Rangers
- Planning & Development
- Public Information Officer
- Capturing the Voices of More than 23...
- Co-existing with Coyotes in an Urban...
- Connecting Nature to Children
- Giving Thanks
- Madison Parks is Now Blogging!
- Madison Parks Top 10 List
- MMSD Project in Reindahl Park
- Parks Superintendent Statement on Be...
- Ride the Drive 2022 / Park Service L...
- Season's Greetings from Madison Parks
- Superintendent's Statement on PA Per...
- Update on Reindahl Park