Spring in Madison Dog Parks
posted February 28, 2018 1:03 PM
Madison loves its dog parks! Some may say too much. While we rank in the top 10 cities nationally in the number of off-leash dog parks offered, we know we need more. This is evident by their growing popularity and intensity of use in recent years. Springtime is especially harsh on our dog parks. As the ground thaws and softens, it is easily damaged and often irreparable. Given the spring thaw occurring and the intensity of use, beginning February 28, we are temporarily closing, until further notice the following dog parks: Demetral, McCormick, Odana School, and Walnut Grove. Please consider using an alternate location such as Quann Park during this time. See MAP for additional locations. As we move forward, we will continue to work with the public and policymakers to develop a vision for more dog access opportunities across the system while ensuring we take good care of our parks. Thank you for your cooperation and continued support of Madison Parks.
FIELD OPEN OR CLOSED? CALL RAINOUT LINE (608)267-8787
posted April 11, 2018 11:55 AM
The best and ONLY way to know if a park field is open for play is to call the Rainout Line (608)267-8787. Weekdays the line will be updated by 2:00pm, weekends and holidays the line will be updated by 9:00am. The line will be updated if fields are questionable, if no update by the times listed, fields are open for play. Fields that are closed for maintenance are listed on the website and NOT listed on the rainout line.
Additionally, a notification will be sent to the email address used to reserve an athletic space when a space is closed due to weather.
Goodman Pool Scholarships Available
posted February 27, 2018 7:40 AM
Goodman Pool is a place for everyone! Scholarships are available for general admission, lessons and the Waves Swim & Dive Team. Get all the details here.
- Posted 4/19/2018 | Due to the recent snow event, the current ground conditions are not conducive to completing …
- Posted 3/28/2018 | Ten years ago, on March 29, 2008, Madison lost one of its heroes. Milton McPike, former …
- Posted 3/2/2018 | On Tuesday, February 27, 2018, the City of Madison Common Council approved the Madison Arts …
Events View All Events
- 04/25/2018 Dane County Farmers' Market – Wednesday Market
- 04/27/2018 WPCRC Spring Break-A-Way 3 on 3 Basketball League Tournament Series
- 04/28/2018 Dane County Farmers' Market
- 04/28/2018 WISC-TV 3 Shredfest
- 04/28/2018 Crazylegs Classic
- 04/28/2018 Bird & Nature Outing - Edna Taylor area, April 28
- 05/02/2018 Dane County Farmers' Market – Wednesday Market
Madison Parks Blog View All Posts
- 02/15/2018, 11:41 AM | What is gypsy moth? In the summer months, residents may notice trees with leaf-loss due to an inv ...
- 11/15/2017, 07:16 AM | Recently, the Madison Parks Foundation and Event Essentials partnered again to host the second " P ...