Volunteer in Madison Parks
Madison Parks, along with volunteer organizations, offer numerous opportunities throughout the year to help make our parks more beautiful. Opportunities and activities are coordinated by Parks staff and volunteer groups.
- Step 1: Volunteer Interest
The volunteer interest form is the first step for individuals and groups to show your interest and learn more.
- Step 2: Volunteer Work Release
Individuals and groups must complete the volunteer release form prior to completing any work in a park.
- Step 3: Volunteer Hours
Once work is completed, track your volunteer hours. For individuals and groups.
View Friends of group Volunteer Projects
Email questions: email@example.com.
- Adopt-A-Park Program - organizations and businesses provide hours or dollars to support their favorite park
- Adopt-A-Park Tree - provide a way for to help preserve the ash tree population in Madison's parks
- Adopt Ice Program - volunteers maintain neighborhood ice rinks in the winter
- Bird & Nature Outings - nature experts lead year-round, monthly outings
- Disc Golf Volunteer Days - various Saturdays in April/May
- Dog Park Cleanup Day - annual event in early spring
- Earth Day Challenge - annual event in April
- Flower Garden Volunteers - maintain a flower garden in one of our parks
- Ride the Drive - special event volunteers are needed at this annual bike event
- Winter Clothing Drive - drop off winter clothing on specific dates at specific locations
In 2014, the Board of Parks Commissioners approved the Statements of Policies and Guidelines for Volunteer Activities within the Madison Parks System. The document contains helpful information for individuals and groups interested in volunteering with Madison Parks.
Tools (and quantity) Available Through Madison Parks
- Leaf rake (2)
- Hard Rake (13)
- Hedge Trimmer (10)
- Loppers (6)
- Mini Leaf Rake (2)
- Picker (12)
- Flat Shovel (2)
- Push Broom (1)
- Broom (1)
- Flat Ice Chipper (2)
- Weed Pullers (4)
- Hooked Hand Saw - Sythe (5)
- Curved Hand Saw (10)
- Pitch Fork (2)
- Bucket (4)
Friends of Groups
If you are in working with an existing volunteer group or you have a volunteer group that is not listed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.