November 10, 2020 3:32 PM
Take a walk in nature this fall! As we continue to follow safety guidelines from Public Health Madison & Dane County, and are unable to promote guided Bird & Nature Outings, our volunteer nature experts created these suggestions for self-guided walks. Explore beyond these tips, check out … [read more]
October 3, 2020 9:14 PM
Take a self-guided walk in nature any day this fall. As we continue to follow safety guidelines from Public Health Madison & Dane County, and are unable to promote guided Bird & Nature Outings, our volunteer nature experts have created these suggested walks. Follow and tag us on … [read more]
April 22, 2020 11:43 AM
So much has changed in how we approach nearly every aspect of our lives since COVID-19. Including how we honor the 50th anniversary of Earth Day. While we cannot celebrate with our typical Earth Day Challenge given the Safer at Home Order, we have a few suggestions for things you can do on your … [read more]
April 2, 2020 11:20 AM
In a perfect world, Madison Parks volunteer nature experts would provide guided walks each weekend as part of the on-going, year-round Bird & Nature Outing series. Today, we must learn to adapt to these unique times, in order to stay safe and still enjoy nature. We encourage you to … [read more]
May 11, 2016 12:55 PM
Photo Credit: Malia Jones Years ago I began creating a calendar annually from my own photos. Each year I have the calendar produced with 13 of my handpicked photographs. I typically give it to family members and a few friends and they always seem to really enjoy it (or so they said). As … [read more]
Posts By Month
Posts By Category
- Assistant Superintendent, Operations
- City Forester
- Goose Management: Numerous Diverse M...
- Habitat Restoration in Kettle Pond C...
- Holistic Approach: Spongy Moth in Ma...
- Honoring 50 Years of Earth Day
- Improving Conservation Lands through...
- Managing Geese in Parks: Seeking Vol...
- Owen Pond Exploration Day
- Take a Self-Guided Nature Walk in April
- Volunteers Needed to Remove Garlic M...
- Wanted: Goat Checkers
- What's So Fun About Birding?
- With a Little Help from Our Friends ...
- Madison Parks Foundation
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens
- Park Rangers
- Parks Alive
- Planning & Development
- Public Information Officer
- Capturing the Voices of More than 23...
- Co-existing with Coyotes in an Urban...
- Connecting Nature to Children
- Giving Thanks
- Madison Parks is Now Blogging!
- Madison Parks Top 10 List
- MMSD Project in Reindahl Park
- Parks Superintendent Statement on Be...
- Ride the Drive 2022 / Park Service L...
- Season's Greetings from Madison Parks
- Superintendent's Statement on PA Per...
- Update on Reindahl Park