Tag: regenerate habitat
March 17, 2023 3:04 PM
To better maintain and expand the tallgrass in Kettle Pond Conservation Park, Madison Parks hired Field and Stream Restorations to "forestry mow" in the northern portion of the park. Forestry mowing uses larger equipment to cut and grind rough overgrowth leaving shredded stems, which slows and … [read more]
November 10, 2020 3:32 PM
Take a walk in nature this fall! As we continue to follow safety guidelines from Public Health Madison & Dane County, and are unable to promote guided Bird & Nature Outings, our volunteer nature experts created these suggestions for self-guided walks. Explore beyond these tips, check out … [read more]
September 5, 2019 2:59 PM
Progress for pollinators continues in the city and in particular in Madison Parks, Golf Courses and Olbrich Botanical Gardens. The Parks Division uses a number of strategies to protect and enhance habitat for pollinators. Our primary focus is to properly manage land, which we do according to … [read more]
October 28, 2016 8:03 AM
As the growing season draws to a close, we here at Madison Parks are shifting gears and turning our focus from mowing and trail maintenance to hayrides and the upcoming ski season. Somewhere in between, our conservation parks section is hoping the weather will be just right for using a favorite … [read more]
Posts By Month
Posts By Category
- Assistant Superintendent, Operations
- City Forester
- Goose Management: Numerous Diverse M...
- Habitat Restoration in Kettle Pond C...
- Holistic Approach: Spongy Moth in Ma...
- Honoring 50 Years of Earth Day
- Improving Conservation Lands through...
- Managing Geese in Parks: Seeking Vol...
- Owen Pond Exploration Day
- Take a Self-Guided Nature Walk in April
- Volunteers Needed to Remove Garlic M...
- Wanted: Goat Checkers
- What's So Fun About Birding?
- With a Little Help from Our Friends ...
- Madison Parks Foundation
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens
- Park Rangers
- Parks Alive
- Planning & Development
- Public Information Officer
- Capturing the Voices of More than 23...
- Co-existing with Coyotes in an Urban...
- Connecting Nature to Children
- Giving Thanks
- Madison Parks is Now Blogging!
- Madison Parks Top 10 List
- MMSD Project in Reindahl Park
- Parks Superintendent Statement on Be...
- Ride the Drive 2022 / Park Service L...
- Season's Greetings from Madison Parks
- Superintendent's Statement on PA Per...
- Update on Reindahl Park