August 31, 2023 1:31 PM
As we close out the summer, as the new Parks Alive Coordinator, I am pleased to report the successful conclusion to Parks Alive 2023. Building stronger neighborhoods across Madison through Parks Alive was a continued interdepartmental effort in collaboration with local nonprofits, organizations … [read more]
December 1, 2022 7:48 AM
Door Creek Park sits in a small valley on Madison's far eastside. Trails run through the valley bottom, over hills and through the woods. In early 2022, several Madison Nordic Ski Club members walked areas of Door Creek Park with Conservation Resource Supervisor, Paul Quinlan. This onsite-walking … [read more]
May 26, 2022 10:54 AM
When Madison Common Council approved the Yahara Hills Neighborhood Development Plan Amendment and Land Sale & Use Agreements with Dane County for portions of Yahara Hills Golf Course on May 10, 2022, the future of golf at the course became a frequent question. … [read more]
May 14, 2021 3:31 PM
Reindahl Park was designated as a Temporary Permissible Encampments (TPE) by executive order in the early days of the pandemic when crowded conditions of homeless shelters in church basements endangered the vulnerable. The City and County partnered to put families and vulnerable individuals in … [read more]
April 22, 2020 11:43 AM
So much has changed in how we approach nearly every aspect of our lives since COVID-19. Including how we honor the 50th anniversary of Earth Day. While we cannot celebrate with our typical Earth Day Challenge given the Safer at Home Order, we have a few suggestions for things you can do on your … [read more]
January 3, 2020 1:27 PM
2019 is in the books, and with it a lot of fond memories made in Madison Parks. Millions of visits across the system with people enjoying themselves, nature, and each other. I thought I would borrow from a fellow native Hoosier and make a top ten list. There are certainly more than 10 laudable … [read more]
September 5, 2019 2:59 PM
Progress for pollinators continues in the city and in particular in Madison Parks, Golf Courses and Olbrich Botanical Gardens. The Parks Division uses a number of strategies to protect and enhance habitat for pollinators. Our primary focus is to properly manage land, which we do according to … [read more]
Posts By Month
Posts By Category
- Assistant Superintendent, Operations
- City Forester
- Goose Management: Numerous Diverse M...
- Habitat Restoration in Kettle Pond C...
- Holistic Approach: Spongy Moth in Ma...
- Honoring 50 Years of Earth Day
- Improving Conservation Lands through...
- Managing Geese in Parks: Seeking Vol...
- Owen Pond Exploration Day
- Take a Self-Guided Nature Walk in April
- Volunteers Needed to Remove Garlic M...
- Wanted: Goat Checkers
- What's So Fun About Birding?
- With a Little Help from Our Friends ...
- Madison Parks Foundation
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens
- Park Rangers
- Parks Alive
- Planning & Development
- Public Information Officer
- Capturing the Voices of More than 23...
- Co-existing with Coyotes in an Urban...
- Connecting Nature to Children
- Giving Thanks
- Madison Parks is Now Blogging!
- Madison Parks Top 10 List
- MMSD Project in Reindahl Park
- Parks Superintendent Statement on Be...
- Ride the Drive 2022 / Park Service L...
- Season's Greetings from Madison Parks
- Superintendent's Statement on PA Per...
- Update on Reindahl Park