May 14, 2021 3:31 PM
Reindahl Park was designated as a Temporary Permissible Encampments (TPE) by executive order in the early days of the pandemic when crowded conditions of homeless shelters in church basements endangered the vulnerable. The City and County partnered to put families and vulnerable individuals in … [read more]
April 23, 2020 3:28 PM
04/29/2020 UPDATE: THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS AN UPDATE FROM THE ORIGINAL POST (below), BASED ON THE MOST RECENT ORDER. In compliance of the latest Governor's order golf courses are allowed to rent golf carts with the following: GOLF CART USE GUIDELINES The use of motorized and … [read more]
April 22, 2020 11:43 AM
So much has changed in how we approach nearly every aspect of our lives since COVID-19. Including how we honor the 50th anniversary of Earth Day. While we cannot celebrate with our typical Earth Day Challenge given the Safer at Home Order, we have a few suggestions for things you can do on your … [read more]
April 14, 2020 4:18 PM
As Parks staff continue to do essential work during the COVID-19 outbreak, they have had to re-think how many of these tasks may be safely accomplished. Through creative thinking, Parks field staff developed a tree planting process accomplished by three staff members. Each role completed … [read more]
March 24, 2020 4:48 PM
While staying at home during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is the safest, Public Health Madison & Dane County believes that our parks, trails, and open spaces are essential resources for health and wellness. Even with Wisconsin's Safer at Home order as of March 25, 2020, we recognize … [read more]
Posts By Month
Posts By Category
- Assistant Superintendent, Operations
- City Forester
- Goose Management: Numerous Diverse M...
- Honoring 50 Years of Earth Day
- Improving Conservation Lands through...
- Managing Geese in Parks: Seeking Vol...
- Owen Pond Exploration Day
- Take a Self-Guided Nature Walk in April
- Volunteers Needed to Remove Garlic M...
- What's So Fun About Birding?
- With a Little Help from Our Friends ...
- Madison Parks Foundation
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens
- Planning & Development
- Public Information Officer
- Capturing the Voices of More than 23...
- Co-existing with Coyotes in an Urban...
- Connecting Nature to Children
- Giving Thanks
- Madison Parks is Now Blogging!
- Madison Parks Top 10 List
- MMSD Project in Reindahl Park
- Parks Superintendent Statement on Be...
- Ride the Drive 2022 / Park Service L...
- Season's Greetings from Madison Parks
- Superintendent's Statement on PA Per...
- Update on Reindahl Park