B.B. Clarke Beach
|Address:||835 Spaight St.|
|Park:||B.B. Clarke Beach Park|
|Public Health Water Testing:||OK|
|Shoreline On:||Lake Monona|
|Amenities:||Diving Float, Playground|
- A lifeguard must be on the raft and prepared to guard for a patron to use the raft.
- Only 10 patrons are allowed on the raft at any given time.
- Patrons must pass a swim test to use the raft. The swim test starts at the back corner of the roped area, swimming to the other side and back, without stopping, and without touching the bottom.
- Lifejackets are not allowed on the raft. Swimmers must be able to complete the swim test under their own power.
- The raft is to be used for diving/jumping only. Hanging out on the raft or in the water outside of the swim ropes is not allowed.
- No swimming under the raft.
- Patrons must surface to the water immediately after jumping off the diving board.
- Patrons can only jump off of the diving board, not the sides of the raft.
- Only one person can use the diving board at a time.
- Running is not permitted on the diving board.
- Only one bounce is allowed before you jump or dive.
- Inward and reverse (gainer) dives are not allowed.
- Swimmers must exit the diving area upon completing their dives.
- Sunbathing is not allowed on the raft.
- Diving to the lake bottom is not allowed.
- Boaters are not allowed to anchor near the raft or swim over and use the raft.
- Goggles are not allowed on the raft.
- Swim Ropes: Yes
- Lifeguard: No
Water Conditions For B.B. Clarke Beach
Public Health Madison & Dane County tested bacteria levels and checked for algae blooms on 6/27/2022. The results were acceptable. The shallow near-shore temperature was 75F. Even though the results were acceptable at the time of monitoring, algae levels can change quickly depending on waves and wind. Always take a look at water conditions before you enter the water and avoid contact with algae blooms. conditions are acceptable.View Conditions For All Beaches