Field Updates: How to Know
The best and ONLY way to know if your field is open for play is to call the Rainout Line (608)267-8787. Weekdays the line will be updated by 2:00pm, weekends and holidays the line will be updated by 9:00am. The line will be updated if fields are questionable, if no update by times listed, fields are open for play.
The City of Madison Parks Division offers a variety of quality athletic fields, such as softball, baseball, soccer, football, volleyball and tennis courts. The facilities range from the premiere and highly maintained facilities for leagues to the unlined fields meant for family and friends to organize a pick-up game.
Many, but not all, of the Madison Parks Division facilities are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, at no charge. The Madison Parks Division suggests you first contact Madison Parks about what fields and facilities are available.
Please note: All organized groups must reserve fields through Madison Parks.
Step 1Contact Madison Parks to discuss your reservation, and perhaps find a facility that is open on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Step 2If you choose to reserve a facility or field, a Recreational Field Application will need to be completed for your reservation.
However, if you are planning to organize a tournament, you must complete a Madison Parks Event Packet and will be charged a Special Event fee.
Submit your completed application to email.It is important to note that priority access is given to groups with pre-approved written agreements with the City of Madison Parks Division. Therefore, there are very few available dates in the spring and fall at certain locations. Reservation requests are taken in the order received after the needs of these agreements are met.
Some facilities must be reserved to be used. The first four facilities listed are premiere locations and do have higher maintenance fees. Some fields have lights and fees are applied to reservations at these locations. Reservations are made for the times user groups will be at the fields. There is an annual one time $25 administrative scheduling fee for the first reservation and a 50% down payment required before the first reservation. All athletic fields require a refundable $500 damage deposit.
- Breese Stevens: $100/hour (2 hour minimum)
- Bowman Baseball: $50/hour (3 hour minimum)
- Warner Park Baseball: $92/hour (3 hour minimum)
- Warner Park Soccer #1 & Football #2: $100/hour (2 hour minimum); $50 each additional hour
- Fenced in softball diamonds: $60/4 hour block (includes field prep) or $15/hour (no field prep)
- Non-fenced softball diamond (backstop only): $15/hour plus $45 for field prep (if requested)
- Tennis, pickleball, basketball courts: $5/hour for (less than 4 hours) or $15/4 hour block
- Volleyball courts: $5/hour (less than 4 hours) or $15/4 hour block; $45 for raking the court
- Cricket pitch at Reindahl park: $15/2 hour block
- Ultimate Frisbee: $30/hour (2 hour minimum)
- Soccer, Flag football, Lacrosse, and Hockey rinks: $25/hour (2 hour minimum)
- Baseball/football/soccer lights: $15/quarter hour
- Softball lights: $5/quarter hour
- Reservation cancel/change: minimum of $25 (depending on when the notice is received)
- Amplified sound: $100 (for amplification other than game announcements)
- Temporary structure: $100 per structure, per day
- Alcohol permit (at alcohol free parks only): $50
- Vending permit: $275 per vendor
- Damage: $50/hour plus cost of materials
- Key/damage deposit: $500 (refundable)
- Demetral (4 diamonds) (fields 1 & 4 are resting in 2016)
- Olbrich Park (5 diamonds)
- Goodman Park (2 diamonds)
- Bowman Field (3 diamonds)
- Warner Park (5 diamonds)
- Elver Park (4 diamonds)
Softball bases / equipment may be rented from Madison School & Community Recreation (MSCR),
Rennebohm & Tenney Park have lights, which are free of charge. All other tennis courts are available on a first-come, first-serve basis for pick-up matches. When courts are reserved, at least one court must be left available for pick-up play. Please note that all tennis leagues and all tennis instructors must pay for a reservation, no matter the location.