Rules & Expectations
Before Your Visit
- Consider purchasing a Pool Play Pass in advance.
- Arrive ready to swim! All lockers and changing rooms are closed.
- Bring a mask for each person aged 5 years and older. See How to Get A Mask.
- Pack a chair. Deck chairs are not provided.
- Bring a water bottle. Touch-free water filling stations have been added.
- If you feel sick, stay home.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, pool guests will see a number of adjustments and precautions.
- All guests aged 5 years and older are required to wear a mask while in line and upon entering.
- Reduced capacity limits in three 2-hour open swim sessions. (see Hours & Prices)
- Limited restrooms are open.
- Limited showers are available.
- Lockers are closed.
- Changing Rooms are closed.
- Deck chairs are not provided.
- Concessions are closed.
- Water features are off. Water toys are not permitted.
- All staff will wear a face covering, except Lifeguards while on duty.
- As always, no spitting.
Precautions and Recommendations
- If you feel sick, stay home.
- Maintain 6' between you and anyone outside of your household.
- Use hand-sanitizer after contact with common surfaces.
- Carry in food or beverages is not permitted, except water.
- Swim only when a lifeguard is on duty. Obey lifeguard instructions at all times.
- Respect all patrons and staff members. Any patron using derogative, racial or otherwise inappropriate language toward another patron or staff member will be removed from the facility.
- Fighting and rough play are not allowed.
- Diving is permitted in the diving well only.
- Do not enter the pool area if you have an open cut or communicable disease.
- Inflatables, such as inner tubes, water wings, swimsuits with built-in flotation are not allowed.
- Lifejackets are allowed, in the shallow water only, if they are United States Coast Guard approved Type 1 or 2.
- Lifejackets are not permitted in the deep water or on slides.
- Children wearing a lifejacket must be supervised by a parent and within arms' reach.
- Children under 7 must be actively supervised (watching your child at all times and able to provide immediate assistance) by a caregiver aged 16 or older.
- Swim diapers are required for those who are not toilet trained.
- Smoke, drugs and alcohol are not allowed.
- Glass containers of any kind are not permitted.
- The City of Madison is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Leave no trace and put litter in its place.
Pool Closing Policy
The pool will be closed under the following circumstances:
- If the air temperature is below 69° at opening or low attendance.
- If rain prevents the lifeguards from seeing the bottom of the pool.
- If there has been rain, thunder or lightening for a period of one hour and the storm is projected to continue.
- Mechanical breakdown.
- The Goodman Pool cannot meet the state codes for the safety, maintenance and operation of pools and water attractions.
- By Public Health Emergency Order.
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the Goodman Pool Updates email list: