Police Incident Reports A Selection of Noteworthy Incident Reports
Incidents listed are selected by the Officer In Charge of each shift that may have significant public interest. Incidents listed are not inclusive of all incidents. To view Calls for Services information, please visit communitycrimemap.com. Requests for information can be directed to the MPD Records Unit: (608) 266-4075.
Incident Date03/08/2021 - 8:00 AM
DetailsThere have been numerous theft from autos reported to the Madison Police Department from overnight:
2021-081769 Multiple cars were reported to be rummaged through overnight on Crawling Stone Cir.
2021-081777 A victim reported their car in an underground parking lot in the 1000 block of N Highpoint Rd had the window smashed out with a purse stolen. The purse was in plain view.
2021-081809 In a parking lot of the 2400 block of Independence Lane, a car was unlocked and a purse was reported stolen from overnight.
2021-081836 In the 200 block of S High Point Rd, a car's window was smashed out and a purse in plain view was taken overnight.
2021-081958 Windows were reported to be smashed on a car at another location on the 1000 block of N Highpoint Rd. Unknown what was taken.
You can help prevent property crime.
- Ensure your car doors and all doors to your residence are kept locked.
- Leave exterior residence lights on at night or utilize motion detecting lights.
- Keep valuables in your garage, car, and home out of sight.
- Removing valuables from your car is better than hiding them. This includes garage door openers and spare keys.
- Keep your garage door closed and double-check it is closed at night.
- Report all criminal and suspicious activity immediately.
Released 03/08/2021 at 2:37 PM by PIO Tyler Grigg
The location shown is approximate & may not be accurate.