Police Incident Reports A Selection of Noteworthy Incident Reports
Incidents listed are selected by the Officer In Charge of each shift that may have significant public interest. Incidents listed are not inclusive of all incidents. To view Calls for Services information, please visit communitycrimemap.com. Requests for information can be directed to the MPD Records Unit: (608) 266-4075.
Incident Date07/26/2021 - 2:30 AM
AddressDane County (Madison and surrounding areas)
DetailsThe Criminal Intelligence Section for the Madison Police Department has sent updates on the total reported stolen autos in the Madison and Dane County Area. As of today, 7/26/21, at 2:30 PM, current information shows there are a total of 30 cars listed as stolen in the area. The West District is showing the most stolen vehicles listed, with 11 total currently unaccounted for.
Help prevent Property Crime by:
- Ensuring all car doors and residence doors are locked.
- Leave exterior lights on at night or utilize motion detecting lights.
- Keep valuables out of sight.
- Remove valuables from your vehicle when unoccupied, including extra keys or garage door openers.
- Keep your garage doors closed and locked when not in use.
- Report all criminal and suspicious activity immediately.
608-255-2345. If you wish to remain anonymous, please contact Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014, or, on the web at p3tips.com.
Released 07/26/2021 at 3:42 PM by P.O. Nicole Schmitgen
The location shown is approximate & may not be accurate.