We can end food waste. We just need to follow these four steps:
- Meal planning can save you money AND help save the earth's resources. The ultimate win-win..
- Proper storage and using what you buy means not wasting food.
- Cook end-to-stem, transform leftovers, and use imperfect fruits
- And if possible create opportunity for others by donating
- Food scraps recycling will return in 2023! It will be at the same two markets sites as 2022.
- Market Site 1: South Madison Farmer's Market (1602 S. Park Street)
- Hours: 2:00pm to 6:00pm.
- Dates open: Only Tuesday markets from May 23, 2023 to October 31, 2023.
- Market Site 2: Eastside Farmer's Market (202 S. Ingersoll St)
- Hours: 4:00pm to 7:00pm
- Dates open: Only Tuesday evenings from April 25, 2023 to October 31, 2023.
- Also, consider compost your food scraps in your own backyard.
Food Waste and Recovery Guide for Madison and Dane County
- Guidebook developed in 2018 by the Dane County Food Council, the Madison Food Policy Council, Dane County UW-Extension, Public Health Madison & Dane County, and the La Follette Key Club.