brush processing site remains closed
The brush processing site at 121 E. Olin Ave. remains closed to the public.
For additional details about the brush processing center please call at 608-266-4911
brush processing center information
Brush Processing Center is located at 121 E. Olin Avenue.
Monday to Friday: 7:30am to 2:30pm
Closed weekends all city holidays.
Who Can Use the Site:
To purchase wood mulch:
- There is no residency requirement to purchase wood mulch at the below stated rates.
For brush processing:
- Contractors who cut brush from parcels within the city of Madison can bring the brush cut from those city parcels here to be processed for a fee. It should be noted that contractors are barred from using the other city-operated drop off sites.
- Residents or taxpayers of the city of Madison with more brush than what can be accepted at the brush drop off sites may also bring their material here for the below stated fees.
Users of the brush processing site will need to prove the brush comes from a city of Madison parcel. Contractors will need to show a copy of the receipt that contains the address from where the material was cut. Madison residents & taxpayers will need to prove their status to use the site as well.
Access to the brush processing center was restricted to only city of Madison parcels in June 2016. The anticipated amount of brush created in the region's continued response to the emerald ash borer will exceed the storage and chipping capacity of the site. Restricting access to only city parcels was necessary to ensure that this city service remained available for the city of Madison.
Visa, Mastercard, Cash, or Check (Checks Payable to City Treasurer)
brush processing fees FOR 2020:
|$40 per ton, charged in $20 increments|
|$20 minimum charge|
|$20 per ton, charged in $10 increments|
|$10 minimum charge|
Update: May 29, 2020
Final parks deliveries were made on May 20, 2020.
All parks locations are now empty and they will not be restocked.
Plans will be announced at a later date on how mulch will be made available to residents again.
Wood Mulch Informatoin
Wood mulch is available for use and purchase. Wood mulch is can only be found at 121 E. Olin Ave. Also, we no longer make free deliveries of mulch and we only deliver large, semi-truck loads - nothing smaller.
The brush processing site is currently closed to the public. Contact the processing facility for additional information.
The Wisconsin Department of Agriculture Trade and Consumer Protection has certified our brush processing site for safe shredding of ash trees. This means that mulch coming from our site will be free of the emerald ash borer. You can be assured that our mulch will not transmit the emerald ash borer to your property and our mulch can be moved anywhere in the State of Wisconsin.
All material sold as is. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.
WOOD MULCH FEES FOR 2020
Delivery fees and bulk purchase discounts may apply.
- 30 gallons of mulch or less: No charge
- 1 to 3 yards of mulch: $20
- 1 loader bucket full of mulch: $20/loader bucket
- Semi-load pick-up: $250/semi load
- Semi-load delivery for Bulk Customers: $250/semi-load plus delivery fee
- Semi-load delivered for non-Bulk Customers: $275/semi-load plus delivery fee
Delivery Fees for Mulch
The starting point for the mileage will be the brush processing center at 121 E. Olin Ave.
- 0 to 30 miles: $25
- 31 to 40 miles: $50
- 41 to 50 miles: $75
Loads of mulch will not be delivered to locations more than 50 miles away from the brush processing center.
How to Become a Bulk Customer
To become a bulk customer and qualify for the lower delivered semi-load of mulch price, you must pre-pay for a minimum of 20 semi-loads at the bulk rate.
Contact the Brush Processing Center for additional details on becoming a bulk customer.
Hours7:30am - 2:30pm Monday-Friday. Closed weekends and City Holidays.
For additional information on the Brush Processing Center call (608) 266-4911.