Declared Snow Emergency Rules
- A Declared Snow Emergency is when snow accumulates to 3" or more and all the streets in the downtown Snow Emergency Zone must be plowed.
- When this occurs, people who park in the Snow Emergency Zone must abide by the alternate side parking rules for a minimum of the next two nights.
- A Snow Emergency is declared whenever it becomes necessary to plow ALL residential streets.
- A Snow Emergency will always be declared prior to 9 p.m. if it is to take effect that night.
- If conditions warrant, a Snow Emergency can be extended beyond the 48 hours.
- A Snow Emergency is a City-wide policy.
Please note: During a Snow Emergency, if you violate the Alternate Side Parking rules, the fines are $60, plus a $50 towing fee.
Don't let the snow lead to a ticket or a tow!
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the Declared Snow Emergency email list: