Housing Providers' Rights & Responsibilities
Housing providers have the right to:
- receive complete, accurate and relevant information on the rental application.
- maintain a waiting list.
- check income and credit references.
- check past housing references.
- require a security deposit.
- require that the rent is paid on time.
- expect that the tenant will maintain the unit.
- receive adequate notice of the intent to move.
Housing providers have the responsibility to:
- treat applicants and tenants in a fair and nondiscriminatory way.
- provide clear, accurate and understandable information on conditions of the rental agreement.
- show prospective tenants the unit they will actually occupy.
- maintain accurate and complete check-in/check-out forms.
- maintain the property in good condition as required by law.
- respect the rights of tenants
- provide 24 hours notice before entering unless it is an emergency.