Meeting and Event Highlights for the Week of November 20, 2023posted
Boards, Commissions, and Committee Meetings
Note: This is not a complete list of meetings for this upcoming week. All meetings and their details can be found here.
- Board of Public Works: The Board of Public Works meeting will take place on Monday, November 20, 2023, in virtual format at 4:30 PM. Agenda items include a Report of the City Engineer regarding the results of a review of water resources impacts and the necessity of permits for public works construction projects on this agenda, the Mineral Point Road Widened Sidewalk, the Bartillon Drive Homeless Shelter project, and the approval of various bids.
- Common Council: The Common Council meeting will take place on Tuesday, November 21, 2023, in hybrid format at 6:30 PM. Agenda items include updating the Downtown Height Map in the Brayton Lot and North Broom Street areas, adopting an amendment to the City of Madison Comprehensive Plan, and imposing a time limit for each alder questioning public comment registrants.
Public Information Meetings
- West Side - Stormwater Utility Vegetation Management Plan Listening Session - Monday, November 20, 2023: Please spread the word and join the Stormwater Utility for a public listening session on Monday, November 20, 2023, from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM, at Sequoya Library Meeting Room, 4340 Tokay Blvd., Madison, WI 53711, as part of the development of the Stormwater Vegetation Management Plan. Please register for this meeting at this link on Eventbrite, so we can make sure we have enough chairs and tables. There is no fee or ticket required to attend.
- Yoga Core - Tuesday, November 21, 2023: Want to build your strength and increase body awareness? Yoga Core is a great way to do it! This class incorporates a wide variety of seated, standing, balancing, and mat-based yoga poses focusing on strength, stability, and mobility. Core-based practices can help enhance balance and stability and prevent falls and injuries as we age. All levels are welcome!
- Alternate Side Parking Begins: The City of Madison’s alternate side parking restrictions began on Wednesday, November 15, 2023. The City will enforce alternate side parking from Wednesday, November 15, 2023, through Friday, March 15, 2024, regardless of the weather. The rule is enforced between the hours of 1:00 AM and 7:00 AM. Receive Winter Alert Texts to stay better informed.
- City’s Fire Station 6 to Become Childcare Facility in Madison College Goodman South Campus Expansion: The City of Madison and Madison College are announcing a plan to transfer ownership of Fire Station No. 6, 825 Badger Road, to Madison College for an expansion of the Goodman South Campus that will include a childcare facility.
- World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims: Sunday, November 19, 2023, marks World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims. The City will join community partners from the Vision Zero Task Force in honoring victims of traffic crashes, and their families.
- Mayor’s Statement on 2024 Budget Adoption: I want to thank the Common Council for their work to pass a budget that continues to invest in our critical community services and infrastructure. The City’s budget process is never easy, and there are always more community needs and more good ideas than funding can support.
Streets Division Updates
- Leaf Collection Winding Down: Don’t miss out on your final guaranteed leaf collection opportunity. Be sure you know when your last set out date for leaf pickup is by going to www.cityofmadison.com/YardWaste
- Thanksgiving Holiday Trash/Recycling Schedule: Make sure you know how the Thanksgiving holiday will (or won’t) affect your trash & recycling pickup schedule. Get your collection schedule at www.cityofmadison.com/CollectionSchedule.
- Drop-Off Site Hours & Locations Change After Thanksgiving: Check the drop-off site hours and locations before loading your car. The Olin Avenue location’s final day of operation is November 26. Winter hours start at the remaining locations later in the week, too. Drop-off site information is available at www.cityofmadison.com/DropOffSites.