FOOT's First Spring Concert, Gallery Night, Lake Wingra Watershed Gatheringposted
More news to share:
Friends Of Olin-Turville's First Spring Concert is Tonight!
Just a quick reminder that FOOT's first spring concert is tonight at 6 PM in the Olin Park pavilion. With decent spring weather in store, come celebrate with Milwaukee's renowned Irish guitar duo, Evan and Tom Leahy, who have been featured multiple times at Irish Fest. Take a listen to their sound here.
And don't forget the dancing! This Friday night, May 6th at 6 PM in the Olin pavilion, learn some jigs & reels with Madison's Scottish Country Dancers. And this Saturday eve, May 7th at 6 PM, learn the fun and simple folk dance style Contra, with Madison's Contra Dance Co-op folks. No partner or experience needed for either dance event. And live music will be accompanying both dance groups! So come on down.
Enjoy the Madison Arts Scene with Gallery Night this Friday Night!
From Mayor Satya's blog:
"This Friday is Madison's Spring Gallery Night, an evening to celebrate our city's vibrant arts community. Galleries, museums, community centers, restaurants, retailers, centers of worship and more across Madison will invite the public to experience exhibitions of original artwork from regional artists. Gallery Night is a Madison arts tradition that is organized by the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art (MMoCA). Additional non-official gallery night events will not be listed on MMoCA's site, but look for those around town as well. Official receptions are free and open to the public, and will include artist's talks, live music, demonstrations and special events, as well as opportunities to meet local artists."
For more information, click here.
Lake Wingra Watershed Gathering Coming Up on May 21!
The Dudgeon-Monroe Neighborhood Association's WATER Team invites you to a family friendly and free event. Bring your family, a friend, or neighbor. Meet neighbors from throughout the Watershed as we celebrate and learn about water stewardship..
Interact with people from 30 organizations committed to clean water needed by all life forms that share this planet. Learn about water stewardship practices. Leave with new ideas as we collectively ensure healthy lakes, streams, and the lands in-between.
- Participate in fun activities with nine activities for children.
- Engage with storyteller Andi Cloud, a member of the Ho-Chunk Nation.
- Enjoy art inspired by water research results.
- Renew your sense of connection among people, land, and water.
- Meet homeowners with rain gardens, rain barrels, and prairies instead of lawns as ways to keep water out of their basements while creating habitat for butterflies, insects, and animals.
- Talk with neighbors who plant prairies and greenspaces on public property.
- Talk with urban vegetable gardeners.
- Learn about climate justice, how climate change impacts Madison Lakes and ways to lessen effects.
- Learn about water management including ways to address flooding.
- Experience lake monitoring and tracking harmful chloride.
Supported by a subgrant from the UW-Madison Arboretum's agreement with the Environmental Protection Agency. Additional funds from Wisconsin Environmental Initiative, Regent Neighborhood Association, Clean Lakes Alliance, Midvale Heights Neighborhood Association, Westmorland Neighborhood Association, Friends of Lake Wingra, Agrecol, and Marta Karlov. Logo courtesy of Colleen Manner, Madison Enterprise Center.
COVID Vaccination Clinic at Romnes Apartments on May 26th!
That's all for now. Take care and stay safe.