Alder Sabrina Madison
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Madison’s Updates
The Tuesday Update for District 17: November 28, 2022
Hey there neighbors,
The holiday break allowed me some time to both rest and catch up on some materials provided to me by Common Council staff to help me in continuing to learn my role as Alder. I hope you too were able to rest.
Is there anything else you'd like to see in these weekly updates or have other feedback about these communications? Please email me directly at email@example.com.
Upcoming "Meet Your Alder" Office Hours: This is a great opportunity to share your concerns, and feedback, ask questions, and/or simply stop by to say hello
- Tuesday, 11/29, 5pm - 7pm, Virtual over Zoom
- Tuesday, 12/6, 8am - 930am, In person at Mercies Coffee, located at 1748 Eagan RD.
- Saturday, 12/17, 9am – 11am, In person at Mercies Coffee, located at 1748 Eagan RD.
Highlights from last week + actions
- Scheduled a meeting + tour of Sandburg Elementary School for 12/9/22
- Attended Community Services Committee's virtual meeting
- Attended a virtual lunch & learn with Building Inspection
- Participated in our regular Common Council meeting
Updates / News / Events:
This week, Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway will lead a 20-person delegation from Madison, WI to its sister city Kanifing, The Gambia. This trip is coordinated by the Mayor's Office, Office of State Representative Samba Baldeh, the Madison-Kanifing Sister City group and partners in The Gambia, including Kanifing Municipal Council, Banjul City Council, the Ministry of Higher Education, and the University of The Gambia.
Urban Design Commission: The Urban Design Commission meets virtually on Wednesday, November 30, at 4:30pm. Items on the agenda include a public hearing about the new Lake Street public parking ramp and mixed-use building at 415 N. Lake Street, discussion on the renovation of a former hotel located at 3841 E. Washington Avenue building to residential, and discussion of planned multi-use project at 6604 Odana Road (formerly Market Square Theater).
Transportation Commission: The Transportation Commission will meet virtually on Wednesday, November 30, at 5:00pm. Items on the agenda include a resolution authorizing agreements for the purpose of providing Paratransit Services to Madison Metro, and a proposed ordinance establishing a Transportation Demand Management Program.
Common Council Executive Committee: The Common Council Executive Committee will meet virtually on Wednesday, November 30, 2022, at 5:30pm. Items on the agenda include a proposed ordinance amendment to change alder terms and elections.
City Related Events
· Public Information Meeting: Wingra Proper Watershed Study: The Wingra Proper Watershed Project will be holding a public information meeting on December 8 from 6-8pm. Please register in advance for this virtual meeting.
· City of Madison is a Top 10 Digital City!
· Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Humanitarian Award- Nominations Open Now!: Promoting peace, Understanding, and Improving communication & cooperation between diverse populations in Dane County. Nomination deadline extended to Friday December 2, 2022.
· The application for a BYFY (By Youth For Youth) grant is open: Youth applicants, schools, and youth-serving organizations in Dane County can apply for up to $3,000 for youth-led initiatives and the application is due December 23, 2022.
· The Madison CARES: A New Approach to Behavioral Health: The CARES's annual report has been published on the Public Health Madison & Dane County's Violence Prevention page.
· Madison Parks Downtown Offices Move to Olin Park: Madison Parks' downtown office is moving to 330 E. Lakeside St., 53715 . The office will be closed to in-person visits on Friday, Dec. 2 and reopen at the new location on Monday, Dec. 5, 2022.
Email to a friend