Alder Sabrina Madison
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Madison’s Updates
Meeting and Event Highlights for the Week of February 6, 2023
Please see below and attached the Meeting and Event Highlights for the Week of February 7, 2023.
Common Council Meeting: The Common Council will meet in hybrid format, Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at 6:30 PM. Agenda items include recognizing and celebrating February 2023 as Black History Month in the City of Madison and around the United States.
- Food: A Cultural Culinary History: Mondays, 1:30 – 3:30 pm, February 13 – May 1, explores the history of how we have produced, cooked and consumed food through the ages. Shows the cultures of the world and the foods that have affected history.
- Voices of Color: Hosted by Melvin Hinton. On February 16 at 10:00, we welcome Dr. Linda Vakunta, Deputy Mayor.
- West Area Plan Kickoff Meeting #1 (Virtual): Monday, February 6, 2023. The City of Madison invites you to join us for the first public meeting to kickoff the West Area Plan! This virtual meeting will include the same content and similar opportunities for questions and feedback as the second and third kickoff meetings (February 9th and 13th, also listed on the City events webpage).
- West Area Plan Kickoff Meeting #2 (In-Person): Thursday, February 9, 2023. The City of Madison invites you to join us for the second public meeting to kickoff the West Area Plan! This in-person meeting will include the same content and similar opportunities for questions and feedback as the other two West Area Plan kickoff meetings (February 6th and 13th, also listed on the City Events webpage).
- Family Fun Night Fun at WPCRC! Friday, February 10, 2023 - 5:30pm to 8:00pm: Make plans for Family Fun Night, held monthly at Warner Park Community Recreation Center.
- Metro Transit Celebrates Transit Equity Day : On Saturday, February 4, Metro Transit is going to join organizations throughout the country in promoting public transit as both a civil right and a strategy to combat climate change.
- Final Chance to Vote for Snow Plow Names: You have until 8:00pm on Friday, February 3, 2023 to vote in the election to choose the names of four pieces of the snowplowing fleet.
- Monona Terrace Call for Sculpture Artist Submissions: The Frank Lloyd Wright-designed Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center in Madison, WI is soliciting submissions for its 2023 sculpture exhibition.
- Call for Artists: Exhibition Application for Madison Public Library 2023-2024: The Bubbler at Madison Public Library is looking for artists to display their art in Madison's libraries from summer 2023 through summer 2024 through a new selection process that will set exhibitions in all libraries for t
- City's Partnership with Project Home Will Lead to More Home Renovations for Low-to-Moderate Income Families: Having partnered with the City of Madison for years to help low-to-moderate income families affordably rehabilitate their homes, Project Home is excited to lead the way in supporting even more residents make both minor and
- In-Person Absentee Voting Starts Tuesday in Madison: In-person absentee voting will begin Tuesday, Feb. 7, at several locations throughout the City of Madison. What will you need to bring with you if you're voting absentee in person?
- A New Way to Step into the Infrastructure Industry: The City of Madison Engineering Division has a new infrastructure program, Madison Infrastructure Training - Engineering Program, also known as the MI-TE Program.
· Lake Monona Waterfront Design Challenge: Take the Survey: The three design teams have presented their vision for Madison's Lake Monona Waterfront. See the proposals, watch the recorded presentations and take the survey!
Email to a friend