Tuesday's Election, August Office Hours and Highlights for the Week of August 8, 2022posted
Polls are open from 7am until 8pm.
As a reminder: Due to redistricting, ward numbers changed in early 2022.
Here are the voting locations for Tuesday:
|Asbury United Methodist, 6101 University Ave
|Wellspring United Methodist, 5702 South Hill Dr
|John Muir Elementary, 6602 Inner Dr
|Oakwood Village University Woods, 6205 Mineral Point Rd
|Our Redeemer Lutheran, 1701 McKenna Blvd
|Alicia Ashman Library, 733 N High Point Rd
If your polling location changed, you should have received a postcard. To be safe, you can verify your voting location at https://www.cityofmadison.com/clerk/where-do-i-vote
If you've moved, you can register at the polls on Tuesday - you'll need to bring documents for proof of residency.
August Office Hours
I will be hosting office hours on Tuesday, August 16th from 4:30pm to 6:30pm. I will be using Zoom (with video): REGISTER
Please use the registration above to get the Zoom link. When you register, you'll also get an e-mail reminder on the day of Office Hours. You can register in advance or the day of.
Note: I have set it up so I can only meet one person at a time. If I'm meeting with someone else, there will be a small waiting period in a meeting lobby. If you don't want to use Zoom, I will be answering calls (608-912-0000) during this time as long as I'm not speaking with someone else.
If you have a question, concern, or topic of interest that you would like to discuss, but the date above doesn't work for you, you can e-mail me.Virtual Meeting for Development Proposal at 6706-6714 Odana Road
There will be virtual neighborhood meeting on Wednesday, August 10, 2022, at 6:30pm, where we will hear about Northpointe Development and DreamLane Real Estate's development proposal for 6706-6714 Odana Road, formerly "The White House Shoppes." The proposal is a mixed-use development with approximately 124 residential units and 5,000 square feet of commercial space in four stories over one level of parking. It would require a demolition permit and conditional use approval. You can join the virtual meeting using your computer, smartphone, or tablet, or you can listen in via telephone. You will receive login information after registering at www.cityofmadison.com/MeetingAugust10Odana.Other Meetings
Crowd Control Ordinance Change at PSRC
On Wednesday, August 10th, the Public Safety Review Committee will discuss a proposed ordinance that would prohibit the Madison Police Department and law enforcement responding under mutual aid from using tear gas, mace, impact projectile devices or other chemical agents for the purposes of crowd control. The virtual meeting begins at 5pm.
- Overdose Spike Alert: Public Health Madison & Dane County is issuing a public health alert due to an increase, or spike, in drug overdoses in our community.
- Project Updates: Old Middleton Road and Craig Avenue Resurfacing
Parks Alive is a collaborative effort across multiple City departments and involves many community-based stakeholders and mobile resources. This is a great opportunity to come out to local parks, build community, strengthen relationships, and have fun! Click on the following parks to see dates, times and activities for:
- Monday August 8th 4:30pm-7:30pm Parks Alive ~ Allied Park - Food Carts, Movie, MSCR FIT2GO
- Tuesday, August 9th 4:30pm-7:30pm Parks Alive ~ Darbo/Worthington Park MSCR Art Cart, MPL, Bubbler--woodcut collage, book give away, Mentoring Positives food cart, Darbo Peace Walk at 6pm
- Wednesday, Aug 10 4:30pm-9:30pm @Warner Park (Trailsway) Parks Alive ~ Increase the Peace | Movies with Madison Parks - The Lorax MSCR Art Cart from 5-7:30pm, movie at 7pm
- Thursday, August 11th 1:00pm-4:00pm @ Penn Park - Parks Alive ~ It Takes a Village Food carts, Fit2Go, Movie at 3:00 pm
Madison Public Library Is Hosting Storytelling Events for Kids. From August 8th to August 20th across different libraries, the Madison Public Library We Read program is offering a chance to share stories in a unique way.
Guns to Gift Cards on Saturday, August 13th: Dane County Sheriff's Office is organizing its first Gift Cards for Guns Buy Back event on August 13, 2022 at the Alliant Energy Center from 10am to 2pm.
- Monkeypox Vaccine Clinic: With expanded eligibility guidance from Wisconsin Department of Health Services, Public Health Madison Dane County is opening a monkeypox vaccination clinic. Learn more about the updated eligibility and how to make an appointment at publichealthmdc.com/monkeypox.
100 Black Men of Madison 27th Annual Back to School Celebration - Saturday August 13th, 8am-11am, Goodman South Campus of Madison College (2429 S Perry St) - All Dane County elementary and middle school students of limited income families and their parents are invited to participate in this drive-thru event. Elementary and middle school students accompanied by their parents will receive a new backpack full of school supplies until materials are exhausted. Given current health concerns, all students and parents are asked to remain in their cars, and please wear a mask while interacting with staff and volunteers. Questions? Visit this site or call or call 608-205-8572
Dane Dances began their 23rd season on Friday, August 5. Check it out every Friday evening in August!
- Thursday, Aug. 11, 4-8pm: Madison Night Market
If you have questions, comments, suggestions, etc., feel free to reach out: firstname.lastname@example.org