NEWS AND EVENTS
- The Affirmative Action Commission will be holding a public meeting at 5:00 pm on Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at Meadowridge Library, Community Room A, 5726 Raymond Rd., Madison, WI 53711. The public is welcome and encouraged to attend. (PDF)
- The City of Madison and Dane County will be commemorating the 50th anniversary of the death of Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. on Wednesday, April 4, 2018, with a march and street rededication ceremony, beginning at 11:30 am in front of the City-County Building, 210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
- City of Madison and Department of Civil Rights File Complaint Against WisDoT for Changing DMV Locations
- OIR Group finishes Madison Police Department Policy and Procedure Review
- Madison Police Department Policy and Procedure Review
- Community Outreach Training
- Reverend James C. Wright Human Rights Award
- Voter Education Ambassadors
- Business Development Training (PDF)
- Amendments to MGO 39.03, the Equal Opportunities Ordinance (PDF)
We see the City of Madison as a dynamic place, where the inherent worth of each individual is esteemed and fostered, enabling them to reach their full potential.
The City of Madison’s Department of Civil Rights, as a catalyst for change, strives to improve the quality of life for all people. We promote equality and the prevention and elimination of discrimination through education and enforcement.