Bilingual Community Connector Program
The Bilingual Community Connectors (“Connectors”) support language access for Madison’s top spoken languages after English: Spanish, Hmong, and Chinese. They work throughout the community with people who face barriers to City services to provide support and solutions. Connectors work with residents and community groups to build trust between community members and City government.
How Connectors work with community members
- Help people learn about and access city services.
- Share resident feedback with City staff and leadership for improvement.
- Build trust with community members and agency in City decision making.
How to contact Connectors
- Chinese Community Connector: Holly Chen reach me
| firstname.lastname@example.org | (608) 245-3929
- Hmong Community Connector: Ze Yang reach me
| ZYang@cityofmadison.com | (608) 261-4658
- Spanish Community Connector: Enoch Melgarejo reach me
| email@example.com | (608) 267-4900
How Connectors work with Community Based Organizations (CBOs)
- Partner with CBOs using culturally appropriate methods for each community.
- Participate in community events to inform members of the city's services and initiatives.
- Gather feedback from CBOs.
How Connectors work with City staff
- Support design and development of projects that involve diverse language communities.
- Consult on new projects during the planning stage.
- Assist staff communication with those who speak languages other than English.
- Collaborate with City staff for dynamic public engagement.
(Connectors are not solely interpreters, translators, recruiters, or flyer-makers. If you have interpretation or translation needs for any language, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org).