Alder Yannette Figueroa Cole
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Figueroa Cole’s Updates
TOD & Meeting and Event Highlights for the Week of December 5, 2022
Transit-Oriented Development (TOD)
Staff has been working with the Plan Commission since the fall of 2021 to draft a Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) overlay zoning district to permit a bump in development intensity near high-frequency transit, which includes Bus Rapid Transit. You'll find a staff memo and maps related to the draft ordinance attached to Legistar #74703. Here are a few additional points:
- Geographic Coverage: As shown on this interactive zoning map, the proposed TOD overlay (outlined in red) covers some parcels in districts 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, & 19. TOD is not anticipated to affect districts 2, 4, 7, 16, or 20 at this time.
- Public Input: Many committees and community meetings have been held through the development of the TOD overlay ordinance. Links to those recordings and other background information are available on the project website. Public comments have been added to Legistar, and will continue to be added as they are submitted.
- Video: The 7/27/22 UDC Presentation provides a 15 min. overview (begins at 6 min.)
- 11/22/22 – Common Council Introduction
- 12/5/22 – Transportation Policy & Planning Board
- 12/12/22 – Plan Commission
- 1/3/23 – Common Council (consideration of adoption)
Meeting and Event Highlights for the Week of December 5, 2022
Community Development Authority – Finance Subcommittee meets on Monday, December 5 at 1:00 PM. An item on the agenda is a presentation of CDA Housing and CDA Redevelopment 3rd Quarter 2022 Financials.
Transportation Policy and Planning Board meets on Monday, December 5 at 5:00 PM. Items on the agenda include establishing a Transportation Demand Management Program and amending Sections within Chapter 28 of the Madison General Ordinances to implement the new Transit Orientated Development ("TOD") Overlay District.
Community Development Authority meets on Thursday, December 8 at 4:30 PM. Items on the agenda include an update on proposed public art concepts on the New Village on Park Parking Structure, the report of the CDA Finance Subcommittee, and approving the 2023 budgets for the CDA Redevelopment Authority owned properties.
- Amtrak Train Study Meeting: Attend a meeting on Wednesday, December 7 to learn more about the possibilities of bringing intercity Amtrak train service to Madison.
- Bird & Nature Adventures
- WPCRC Family Fun Night | December 9
· APM 2-52 - Gender Inclusive Workplace Updates: The APM 2-52, Gender Inclusive Workplace implementation team sends out citywide communications on a bi-monthly basis.
- New Resource for Affinity Groups: The Department of Civil Rights and the Organizational Development unit have collaborated to create an Affinity Groups Guidance Document.
- New Municipal Services Payment portal opens December 8, 2022 at 7:30am
- Madison Fire Marshal Ed Ruckriegel Announces Retirement
- Fall Leaf Collection is Complete for 2022
- Streets Division Drop-off Sites Start Winter Hours on December 5, 2022
- Winter Parking Rules: Alternate Side Parking starts November 15 at 1:00 am. Sign up for Daily Alternate Side Parking Reminders by text!
- Application Open for Community Facilities Loan Program
- Get Ready for 2023!: See Madison's parks through the eyes of our winning photographers in the 2023 Madison Parks wall calendar.
- Planning a Wedding or Celebration in 2023?: Our event space is creative, flexible and affordable! Make your 2023 reservation beginning Tuesday, November 8.
Email to a friend