Alder Yannette Figueroa Cole
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Figueroa Cole’s Updates
Week of 10/18 Meetings & Events
Hello! Hope you have a great weekend.
Plan Commission meeting today includes the demolition of a house in Orchard Drive.
Time: 5:30 pm
To join the meeting, please go to:
If you plan to call in via phone, please call 30 minutes before the meeting
starts so the meeting hosts can identify you as a speaker.
THIS WEEK: Repairs to existing facilities near 602 Hilltop Drive.
Event Highlights for the Week of October 18, 2021
Events, activities, seminars, etc.
- Would your group or business like to provide more information on Metro's network redesign or bus rapid transit efforts to members and customers? The project staff would be glad to answer questions at your next virtual meeting or set up a table to answer questions at your in-person event. Learn more here.
- From October through December, join Ho-Chunk Nation storyteller and tribal member AJ (Andi) Cloud for a variety of interactive storytelling and creative learning opportunities for all ages. With art workshops, activity kits, outdoor story walks, digital stories, exhibits, and more across the city, there are lots of ways to participate, celebrate, and learn. More details here.
- The next Madison Night Market on State Street will run from 4pm-9pm on October 22. Vendors showcase handmade products, local art, artisan gifts, prepackaged foods and fresh produce. The event includes live music, special visiting food carts and pop-up restaurant experiences. Learn more here.
Announcements, press releases, press conferences, etc.
- The City of Madison's planned East-West Bus Rapid Transit Project along Mineral Point Road and E. Washington Avenue is expected to involve minor changes in three public parks. See project images, read the impact description for each park, and submit your comments on these proposed changes. Comments will be accepted through October 31, 2021. More information here.
- The first complete draft of the South Madison Plan is now available for public review and comment here. Submit comments and complete the related survey by 4pm on Monday, October 18.
Please forward this to anyone in your network who might be interested in this fabulous opportunity!
The Youth Victim Advocate works as a part of the Direct Services team and is responsible for providing short-term individual and group emotional support, medical advocacy, legal advocacy and school-based advocacy to youth ages 12-18 in Madison area schools. All RCC employees must be committed to providing services with and to a variety of cultures with cultural awareness, sensitivity and humility. All RCC employees must complete the agency's Helpline training.
Apply online at https://thercc.org/employment
28th Annual Madison Compost Bin Truckload Sale October 23rd
- RainReserve will hold the 28th annual Madison compost bin truckload sale on October 23, 2021 at the Garver Feed Mill (3241 Garver Green). Pre-orders are now available. The location provides easy pick-
- up and experts will be on hand to answer questions.
Streets Division Updates
- Collection of fall yard waste has begun. Learn when to set out your yard waste for pickup by going to www.cityofmadison.com/yardwaste.
- Drop-off site hours are different this year. Be sure you know what the hours are before loading your vehicle. Learn the hours and more at www.cityofmadison.com/DropOffSites.
- Remember: large item collection is different! You need to schedule your large item pickup before you place items on the curb at www.cityofmadison.com/LargeItemWorkOrder
- Winter is coming. Get the information you need about winter parking, snow plowing operations, correct salt usage, and more at www.cityofmadison.com/Winter.
- October has arrived! Remember to focus on walking, wheeling or rolling your way around Madison. Learn about all of the ways you can participate and encourage everyone else you know to get into the groove by visiting www.cityofmadison.com/trafficEngineering/Walk-tober.cfm
Quick weekend getaway:
Email to a friend